Getting a refund, "returning" product

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 4
Barbara Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:36 PM

Does anyone know the return policy for Logos 4? I've emailed customer service 3 times and haven't received an answer. I'm totally unhappy with the complexity of this program, the 1-2 day downloads on my slow internet connection, the indexing time, etc., and just want to uninstall, return the DVD, and receive a refund. Can anyone tell me the procedure?

Posts 35553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:37 PM

Customer service is the correct route - how long have you allowed for an answer?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:39 PM

I recommend asking jarrod at logos dot com.  He works in sales and marketing and helped me with a product I had to return.  That being said, the staff seems to be keeping _very_ busy this last two quarters, so there can be substantial delays when calling/e-mailing.  Sorry to hear that you've not had a good experience.

Posts 4
Barbara Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:00 PM

I emailed customer service and also my sales rep. on January 12th and received one response that did not answer my question about how to go about getting a refund, so I emailed again on January 14th and haven't heard back, so I  just emailed a third time today.    I know they are slammed with the new release so I'm trying to be patient, but I am very concerned about the $500 + investment and would feel much better if I could receive some assurance that a refund can be issued.  I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to tell me the return policy while I am waiting to hear from them - I haven't been able to find it on the site.  Thanks for your info.  God Bless!

Posts 4
Barbara Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:04 PM

Thanks for the info Ward, I will try him if I don't hear back in a few days.  I know they are really busy...

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:19 PM

My understanding is you have 30 days to get a refund.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:23 PM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:

My understanding is you have 30 days to get a refund.

True, but my guess, knowing the people at Logos, is that your email to them dating before the 30 day period ending would more then satisfy the 30 day term, whether they responded to it or not. I don't speak for Logos, of course, but this would only make sense to me.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:11 PM

Barbara Martin:
would feel much better if I could receive some assurance

After a week of unsatisfactory response, you could email Bob directly at bob@logos.com . You'll get help.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 24
Christian Bongartz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:18 AM

The refund policy is 30-day money back guarantee no questions asked. I actually made use of that, I purchased the platinum base package and then decided that the that was a little to large starting off. So I called the customer support and they helped me fairly fast, the price that I paid was refunded. (Al little later I purchased the scholars base package, and am really happy with that).

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:25 AM

Barbara Martin:

Does anyone know the return policy for Logos 4? I've emailed customer service 3 times and haven't received an answer. I'm totally unhappy with the complexity of this program, the 1-2 day downloads on my slow internet connection, the indexing time, etc., and just want to uninstall, return the DVD, and receive a refund. Can anyone tell me the procedure?

I got a refund for Logos 4 but I had to call Logos and sit on hold.  After you get a real person on the line, the refund process is painless.

I later re-purchased the program because I have an investment in Logos.  That doesn't mean that I'm pleased with the situation, because I'm not.  I think the whole Logos 4 thing is being excruciatingly poorly managed.  If I owned Logos, I'd be firing someone today.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:33 AM

MikeM:

If I owned Logos, I'd be firing someone today.

And I'd get rid of the expensive coffee maker too.

Posts 671
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:47 AM

I've had more problems with the installation than anyone I've seen in the forums, Logos has been busy, but when push came to shove and even when I got a little grumpy, they came through for me, as well as knowledgeable people in the fourms. No one else had a similar problem but they kept plugging away. They offered me a refund several times, but from past experience I knew it was worth the wait.

I've never seen another company that lets the good, the bad and the ugly get posted and stay posted in their forums and have stayed more than civil. I believe they are to be commended for this and if a quality coffee maker that makes that much coffee for that many kinds folks than I'm just fine with that. I hope they all get paid well, the program has been more than worth the wait for me and I still recommend it. My oldest son just graduated from high school and I told him it was time for him to purchase his own copy of the software, he did and he is as happy with it as I am.

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:36 AM

Barbara Martin:

Calling Customer Service is the way to go; I was on hold for 30 minutes a week ago-I had to call regarding a back order.  So, I just put my phone on speaker phone and continued to work until they got to me.  If you call when they first open, you can get through in minutes.  And they are extremely helpful and professional.  Emailing did not work for me.  God Bless

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:55 AM

While I haven't had to ask for a refund let me say that actually having a specific sales rep to talk to works great. If he or she is already on the line you can leave a voicemail and they get back to you the same day. That way you can spent the half hour to hour "hold" time actually working, rather than listening to hold music.

Posts 2590
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:08 AM

When I've called Logos they have been extremely helpful.  I also put my phone on speaker and keep working until a person is available.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:16 AM

Hi Barbara,

Bill again with one more thought.... If you already had L3 installed & just wanted to use your new books there, you can. See Logos blog at : http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/12/using_your_new_logos_4_resources_in_logos_3_or_logos_for_mac_1.html .

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:18 AM

Michael Lyman:

I've had more problems with the installation than anyone I've seen in the forums, Logos has been busy, but when push came to shove and even when I got a little grumpy, they came through for me, as well as knowledgeable people in the fourms. No one else had a similar problem but they kept plugging away. They offered me a refund several times, but from past experience I knew it was worth the wait.

I've never seen another company that lets the good, the bad and the ugly get posted and stay posted in their forums and have stayed more than civil. I believe they are to be commended for this and if a quality coffee maker that makes that much coffee for that many kinds folks than I'm just fine with that. I hope they all get paid well, the program has been more than worth the wait for me and I still recommend it. My oldest son just graduated from high school and I told him it was time for him to purchase his own copy of the software, he did and he is as happy with it as I am.

Michael, you continue to impress me with your attitude.  Thank you!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 4
Barbara Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:26 AM

Thanks to everyone for their help.  An extrememly kind customer service representative contacted me today in response to yesterdays email to everyone I had an address for at Logos, and told me they were issuing a credit.  Appreciate all of your responses.  God Bless!

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:53 AM

Kevin Becker:

While I haven't had to ask for a refund let me say that actually having a specific sales rep to talk to works great. If he or she is already on the line you can leave a voicemail and they get back to you the same day. That way you can spent the half hour to hour "hold" time actually working, rather than listening to hold music.

Kevin, this works for sales since they each seem to have voice mail but it doesn't for customer service as I end up in the queue waiting for the next one. 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 12:00 PM

Joan Korte:
Kevin, this works for sales since they each seem to have voice mail but it doesn't for customer service as I end up in the queue waiting for the next one. 

Ah, I hate being wrong Tongue Tied

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS