Cant sign in on Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 23 2015 2:31 PM

Hello,

I've tried starting Logos 6 several times, and it gets stuck on the "signing in" notice.  Tried restarting the computer several times.  Internet connection is good, and I can sign into the website just fine.

This started immediately after I did an update.

Any help? Right now it's stuck on the "signing in" notice and I can't even use Logos.

Thanks,

Mark Winder

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 2:36 PM

Mark Winder:
Any help? Right now it's stuck on the "signing in" notice and I can't even use Logos.

Did you just update to a new version? It might take longer than normal. How long have you let it run (at one sitting)? Is there a "skip" button?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 2:44 PM

Thanks alabama24,

I get the blue "Logos Bible Software 6" sign, and that says on for about two minutes. 

Then it goes to "signing in" with a white background, and stays stuck there.  Had it on for about 15 minutes before giving up to restart several times. 

Just updated to whatever update they said was ready to install.  Never worked after that.

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 2:48 PM

Also, there is no "skip" button.  Just "signing in" with the circle twirling above it, acting like it's loading.  But no result if I click on it.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 2:51 PM

please enable and post logs. If you are on mac, see the link in my signature line. If you are on windows, see this wiki article: https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:06 PM

I did the logs and it looks like I got two of them.  Here's what they say (the first one's really long):

/* deleted really long CEF log */

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:07 PM

Here's the second log (shorter):

/* deleted long Logos log */

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:11 PM

As per instructions, please attach logs via the paperclip icon. It would be helpful if you could edit your post and delete that log. 

That wasn't your logos.log file, was it?

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:15 PM

3872.cef.log

0753.Logos.log

I hope that's how you do it.

Thanks,

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:22 PM

Mark Winder:
I hope that's how you do it.

Yes. You attached it correctly. I notice that the logs are from 16:00 ish. Could they be from before your problem? This will likely need someone with more tech cred than myself, but I wanted to make sure you have what they will need when they come along. 

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:41 PM

Similar problems myself.

After a hard shut down and restart and restarting Logos 6 twice I finally got things running.

Rob

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:47 PM

No, they're the right time.  Perhaps a time zone difference?  I did finally manage to log on, but took an inordinately long time.  Once it finally started, I turned off and started it again, but since then it's been sitting on the blue Logos Bible Software 6 screen now for about 15 minutes.  Perhaps a bug in the update? 

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:48 PM

At least nice to know I'm not the only one.  Logos has always been dog slow, but right now it's unusable.  I'm running a quad core I-5 with plenty of memory.  Don't know why it's so slow.

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 4:02 PM

Now doing the same thing again.  Just spinning around on the white "signing in" window, with no button to get out of it.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 5:04 PM

I am not sure if customer service is still open or not... it might be worth giving them a call.

Posts 1692
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 7:37 PM

Hi Mark:

Here's a long-shot:  Does your firewall or anti-virus have an application-guard function? Mine does (Charter Security Suite, which is a branded version of F-Secure). When a program is installed or updated, I am sometimes asked if I trust the app. If either my wife or I absent-mindedly click the negative response, the application can't connect using the internet. This happened once with Logos and it drove me nuts, it was so mystifying.

The solution in my case was to open the security suite's settings and manually allow Logos to be a trusted app for connecting to the internet.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS