Fringe Benefit of a "Bibliography Collection"

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 856
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2015 6:33 AM

I am working on a project for which I will need a bibliography the end. So ... I created a Project Collection in Logos and dragged resources from Library into the Collection as I go. I am leaving Library and this Collection open while I work [underneath other tabs.] Because I had Cited By running I noticed something I hadn't expected. Logos automatically added this Collection to Cited By. And Cited By began showing me other citations from these books I was already using - sometimes in places where I wasn't looking. I am already interested in these resources and now I am getting more out of them under the Cited by tool. Amazing.

Posts 9800
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:43 AM

Very cool. Logos is a powerful tool and we keep discovering more ways to maximize its effectiveness.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 676
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:27 AM

Ron Corbett:

I am working on a project for which I will need a bibliography the end. So ... I created a Project Collection in Logos and dragged resources from Library into the Collection as I go. I am leaving Library and this Collection open while I work [underneath other tabs.] Because I had Cited By running I noticed something I hadn't expected. Logos automatically added this Collection to Cited By. And Cited By began showing me other citations from these books I was already using - sometimes in places where I wasn't looking. I am already interested in these resources and now I am getting more out of them under the Cited by tool. Amazing.

Ron, could you post some screen captures...I think I can visualize what you're saying, but a picture would definitely help. Thanks!

Posts 856
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:16 PM

I'll try to do this later for you. 

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 2:07 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Posts 856
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 6:12 PM

Here is a screen shot. I hope it helps you. this shot shows the Library and the Collections Tab. When I use a book in the Project I find it in the Library and drag it into the "+ these resources" box in Collections. If you have "Cited By" open on the right side, you will see results there that reflect whatever you are studying. The results are from the books in the Bibliography Collection. Very intuitive of Logos and very helpful.

Posts 676
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:29 AM

Ron Corbett:

Here is a screen shot. I hope it helps you. this shot shows the Library and the Collections Tab. When I use a book in the Project I find it in the Library and drag it into the "+ these resources" box in Collections. If you have "Cited By" open on the right side, you will see results there that reflect whatever you are studying. The results are from the books in the Bibliography Collection. Very intuitive of Logos and very helpful.

Thanks Ron. Keep exploring!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS