Anchor Bible Revelation: No Send to Kindle

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 2:07 PM

I'll bring this back in front of the team and see what is happening.

Posts 11
LogosEmployee
Ryan Burnett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 2:42 PM

Joseph,

Unfortunately, enabling 'Send to Kindle' support isn't as easy for us as enabling mobile support.  Mobile support is mostly a question of ensuring our resource driver version is up to date.  Send to Kindle has more requirements (many of which I'm not familiar enough with to comment on).  Some examples include ensuring the compiler that converts Logos' resource file type into a Kindle file is up to date with new resource versions, and making sure we actually do have a license from the publisher to allow Send to Kindle for the resource.

I hope those examples help to explain why enabling Send to Kindle takes longer than setting up Mobile support, and why these features aren't always available for new resources the same day they launch for desktop.

Posts 2272
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 2:54 PM

Ryan Burnett:

Joseph,

Unfortunately, enabling 'Send to Kindle' support isn't as easy for us as enabling mobile support.  Mobile support is mostly a question of ensuring our resource driver version is up to date.  Send to Kindle has more requirements (many of which I'm not familiar enough with to comment on).  Some examples include ensuring the compiler that converts Logos' resource file type into a Kindle file is up to date with new resource versions, and making sure we actually do have a license from the publisher to allow Send to Kindle for the resource.

I hope those examples help to explain why enabling Send to Kindle takes longer than setting up Mobile support, and why these features aren't always available for new resources the same day they launch for desktop.

I understand, and it's not a big deal.  I was just answering back to Bill's post stating that it should work.  We figured at the beginning that it might just take some time, and the explanation you provided is very helpful.  The original question was out of my ignorance as to how the process works.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2272
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 2:40 PM

The Send to Kindle feature is now working for this resource.  Thanks!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS