LearnLogos and Udemy Mastering Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 26 2015 8:13 AM

I've been working through the Mastering Logos Bible Software training videos on Udemy and am considering whether to invest an additional $50 on the LearnLogos training videos while they are still listed at the pre-order price. I also have the Morris Proctor manuals on order.

For those of you who have both the Logos 6 LearnLogos training videos and the Mastering Logos Bible Software on Udemy, how do the two compare or contrast? Specific examples would be most helpful.

Perhaps putting the matter another way, if one works through Mastering Logos Bible Software and utilizes the MP manuals, what does LearnLogos add?

Any insight about the value of any or all of these products is much appreciated.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 12
Robert Pupo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 8:32 AM

There is a long discussion on this question at:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/100923.aspx?PageIndex=1

I hope it helps!

Verbum 6 Scholar + Verbum Feature Crossgrade

Lenovo T430s laptop, Intel Core I5 CPU @ 2.60GHz, 8Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, Win 7 Pro

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 8:40 AM

Thanks, Robert. I went through that thread, and that was enough to make me look more into LearnLogos. I'm just trying to get a bit more specificity, though I may be asking for too much.

Posts 2334
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:24 PM

Learnlogos.com will take you farther and deeper.  I have not regreted any investment there.  The prices are very fair--well, not really fair--they are priced considerably lower than their high actual value.  

If you want to get a feel for what it is, try one of the free webinars.  

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:35 PM

Bill Moore:
I've been working through the Mastering Logos Bible Software training videos on Udemy and am considering whether to invest an additional $50 on the LearnLogos training videos while they are still listed at the pre-order price.

If you can get it for $50 grab it! I paid $65 USD for it on pre-order. I still think it is worth it.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:51 PM

Thanks, Matthew. $50 is for download only. Getting the download and USB stick raises it to $65.

Posts 87
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 4:03 PM

I would encourage you to call John himself (the toll free number listed on LearnLogos.com) and ask him about his product -if it is right for you.  This is what I did, and it led me to preorder his Logos 6 training.  I don't regret doing that at all.

Posts 2494
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 4:03 PM

I got the USB only for $60.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 6:20 PM

Bill Moore:

Thanks, Matthew. $50 is for download only. Getting the download and USB stick raises it to $65.

Ah, yes, I remember that now.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 6:35 PM

John has been on the forum in the past maybe he will chime in.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 7:25 PM

It seems that most Logos users who have John Fallahee's LearnLogos video course highly recommend it, so I decided to order it and will probably cancel the MP Training Manuals on pre-order.

Posts 3168
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 7:47 PM

Bill Moore:

It seems that most Logos users who have John Fallahee's LearnLogos video course highly recommend it, so I decided to order it and will probably cancel the MP Training Manuals on pre-order.

It sounds good, I really appriciate John his training materials are very useful. and cheap.When ever you call him for help he is most of the time available  and he takes time to help as well. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 7:48 PM

Thanks, Tes.

Posts 3168
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:21 AM

Bill Moore:

Thanks, Tes.

you're welcome Bill!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:24 PM

Let me add my +1. I started at the beginning thinking, "This is too simple. Maybe I should start deeper into the series." But I started from the first video and learned new stuff by video 3.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:52 PM

After going through the first three LearnLogos videos, I can see why there is so much positive feedback concerning them.

Posts 5747
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 6:13 PM

Great decision. The MP stuff is over priced and the manuals I purchased for Logos 4 i did not find were very helpful.  John's videos I have found more engaging and better value for money.  Hope you find them to be good value and helpful for your needs.

Bill Moore:

Posts 675
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 6:18 PM

I'm a very satisfied customer of Learnlogos.com. The extra savings can be used to buy more Logos books. :)

Posts 3168
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:07 PM

I have "what is new in Logos 6" from MP ,which costs $99 on PP, which is about $145.00 normal price. It is not worth for that money. It is even without Manual, you have to pay extra for the Manual. But learning Lorgos the price is affordable, Manual is included, John is always on the line to assist his customers. You can download, not only that you don't need to have credit card you can pay by Paypal. I hope you don't misunderstand me, I am not making andvertising,but saying  the fact that I think to be better.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:00 PM

Although LearnLogos has "shipped," not all of the videos are available yet. Still, what is available is excellent. It is well worth the money. 

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS