6.2 Beta 1 (6.2.0.0011) available

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 2 2015 3:39 PM

6.2 Beta 1 (6.2.0.0011) is available for testing.

To update to Beta 1, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 6.1 SR-1). To install Beta 1 from scratch, see the notes and download links on this thread.

Release Notes

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 3:50 PM

Unless there is something big coming later in the beta cycle, I'm curious why the decision was made to move to 6.2 instead of 6.1a for a release that (so far) is made up of relatively minor bug fixes.

Just curious...not criticizing Smile

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 4:47 PM

Ron:

Unless there is something big coming later in the beta cycle, I'm curious why the decision was made to move to 6.2 instead of 6.1a for a release that (so far) is made up of relatively minor bug fixes.

I can't find the thread immediately, but elsewhere we have talked about our shift to a 6-week development cycle. With the move to timed releases, we decided to simplify the naming. Thus, after 6.2 I expect the next release to be 6.3.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 5:02 PM

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):

Ron:

I can't find the thread immediately, but elsewhere we have talked about our shift to a 6-week development cycle. With the move to timed releases, we decided to simplify the naming. Thus, after 6.2 I expect the next release to be 6.3.

Fair enough...thanks for the explanation Alan

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

Here's the (somewhat buried) announcement of the new six-week release cycle: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/98979/685108.aspx#685108 

There will be a "6.x Beta 1" every six weeks. The features that are ready to be tested will be shipped; those that aren't will be held back for further development and will be released in the next "Beta 1" six weeks later. This may lead to "uneven" releases based on work schedules or unforeseen last-minute delays, but overall this should lead to a much more stable product with regular updates.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:30 AM

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):

This inevitably leads to speculation that Logos 7 will be announced this year, rather than in two or three years time, otherwise you'll run out of digits after 60 weeks!

(And yes, I know that you could release Logos 6.10, but don't spoil my fun Smile.)

Posts 19233
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:08 AM

Mark Barnes:

(And yes, I know that you could release Logos 6.10, but don't spoil my fun Smile.)

Wouldn't 6.10 be equivalent to 6.1?

Posts 11735
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:57 AM

Rosie Perera:

Of course not, it would be 6.A. You guys are too locked-in in the decimal system. Wink 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:35 AM

Rosie Perera:

No. See rule 2: http://semver.org/ 

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 7:02 AM

Mark Barnes:

Rosie Perera:

This convention also reinforces that the current beta should be 6.1a (or 6.1.1 if you prefer) rather than 6.2, since it is just bug fixes and doesn't contain new functionality Stick out tongue Wink

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 9:59 AM

Ron:

Mark Barnes:

Rosie Perera:

This convention also reinforces that the current beta should be 6.1a (or 6.1.1 if you prefer) rather than 6.2, since it is just bug fixes and doesn't contain new functionality Stick out tongue Wink

The release notes have been updated. Turns out there were some cases that got lost in the shuffle, and didn't make it in - including a rework of the Library/Resource Information panels and improvements to the Courses section of the Home Page. 

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 10:18 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

The release notes have been updated. 

Shift-clicking a link will open that link in a new floating window. Works on most application links, but not resource links, or links from Verse, Aligned, Analyis view in Search.

Thanks you very much for this improvement... very helpful!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS