[resolved] How to see all the highlights in a resource using the Highlight search?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23209
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:33 AM

Using 6.2 Beta 1 on Windows 8.1

Using the search below I find that I have five highlights in my copy of Church Dogmatics

But I can't see any way of expanding this to show all five hits.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 8688
LogosEmployee

Does using Inline Search in the result let you see what you want?

Posts 23209
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:35 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Yes it does thanks - I didn't think of that.

But, in the general sense, I first came across this when trying to do a highlight search for all highlights of a particular colour in all my resources. And Inline Search doesn't help in that case.

Should the search I was trying be able to expand all the results?

Posts 8688
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:
Should the search I was trying be able to expand all the results?

The Search panel shows the first result in an article (or the first few results, if they're close together); this is by design.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 9:41 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Yes! Thanks guys, I've been meaning to ask how to use inline search for this. I've finally settled on a highlighting strategy and now I want to see only the ones marked "main point" and extract the others and it is so much more pleasurable to read them in the resource than in the note file. 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 88
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 3:48 PM

It would be amazing to be able to view just the highlights and expand the context of these highlights if necessary so I can select the highlight I want at a glance. I'm assuming the inline search is just for scanning through the results?

Posts 25859
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 4:19 PM

Randle Bond:
. I'm assuming the inline search is just for scanning through the results?

Inline Search will show your results as they appear in the resource. The context for a Bible Search is usually Verse, but it can be Paragraph. The context for a non-bible resource can be Article, Sentence, or Paragraph

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS