Commercial use case question

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
James Gray | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 8 2015 11:39 AM
Hi, I was wondering if it would be permissible for me to use the API in order to make screen-printed data visualizations for sale at a church event. My church does a “Youcharist” event around the time of Easter, in which creative means are used to glorify God (art, music, etc.), and my goal was to make a series of prints based on words/phrases/concepts found in the Bible. Specifically, I'd only like to use the API in conjunction with a tool like Processing which would generate interesting data visualizations and then I'd like to export the data visualization from the web and/or Processing in order to make silkscreen art prints. A case in point would be, for instance, retrieving the total word count for the word “love” in the whole Bible - and representing that data visually, maybe color-coded by the amount it's used in each book of the Bible, etc. I would want to access the biblical text, word counts, Bible book names, etc. However, I wouldn't include the text of whole verses/passages in the designs - I would include single words, small phrases/concepts and book names(Isaiah, Matthew), etc. So basically, I would simply be using the API for the purposes of providing the statistical information that I would end up representing visually.

The thing is, is that I went to an art school and I know that copyright is important, so I don't want to abuse/infringe/misuse/violate, etc.

Since this event will be somewhat of an art gallery/show, the prints would be for sale. Also, I plan on exhibiting these designs in my own personal portfolio if allowed.

Here is my website:
http://jamesgrayillustration.com For more of an idea of what I'd like to do, here's some examples of data visualizations:
https://www.behance.net/search?search=data+visualization Thanks a lot and God bless.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.