Page 1 of 5 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 96 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 10 2015 4:42 PM

If you'd like to indicate your interest in—and support for—a Universal Windows App for Logos Bible Software, place a bid on this new Community Pricing product: https://www.logos.com/product/50060/windows-universal-bible-app 

Your bids—no matter what price—really help us know the number of customers who would like to see a Universal Windows App become a reality, so please spread the word.

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 5:32 PM

Please support this - as you will see if you read the entire page, the price is right.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 23
Jason Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:07 PM

Folks lets show our support for the development of this app! I've placed my bid, please place yours so that Faithlife will make this a reality!

God bless!

Posts 27
Mark Groen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:56 PM

This is what we have wanted.  Let's do this Windows and Windows Phone Fans!!!

Posts 252
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 10:09 PM

Thanks so much for considering this!

Posts 161
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 1:18 PM

Thanks for taking another step towards development.  With Windows 10 on the horizon, this should be a no brainer to develop.  I'd like to make Logos my go to mobile app, but at the moment it's not even close in functionality to other platforms.  I placed a bid to show my support.  Hopefully it won't take too long to reach the production goal.

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 1:43 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

If you'd like to indicate your interest in—and support for—a Universal Windows App for Logos Bible Software, place a bid on this new Community Pricing product: https://www.logos.com/product/50060/windows-universal-bible-app 

Your bids—no matter what price—really help us know the number of customers who would like to see a Universal Windows App become a reality, so please spread the word.

Nice!

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:00 PM

How much space will the app require? Will it be like the Android/IOS app, not requiring the download of your complete library? That would make the app usable on Windows tablets that don't have enough free HDD space to install the Logos desktop app.

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:35 PM

Simon:
Will it be like the Android/IOS app, not requiring the download of your complete library?

Yes; it will offer online access to resources by default, with the option to download selected resources for offline use.

Posts 599
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:49 PM

Other than supporting the Logos community, why would I want this new app as long as I am able  to run Logos satisfactorily with Windows 8.1 on my Vivo Tab Note 8 with 64 GB?

Posts 23
Jason Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 1:02 PM

Steve Maling:

Other than supporting the Logos community, why would I want this new app as long as I am able  to run Logos satisfactorily with Windows 8.1 on my Vivo Tab Note 8 with 64 GB?

Steve, 

This would run on many very low cost (<$100) Windows tablets like the very popular HP Stream 7" as well as all Windows phones.  Also, it would be touch optimized for Windows tablets and 2-in-1 PCs, whereas Logos is really designed for mouse/keyboard and larger screens. 

Hope this helps!

Jason

p.s. I  would also like to install it on my wife's older laptop for when we travel so I could have access to my library resources and want to have a larger screen to read on (but don't want to eat up her HD with the full Logos install). 

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 1:07 PM

Now that is news I was really waiting for. Thank you Bradley. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 599
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 1:19 PM

Thank you, Jason!

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 2:55 PM

Bradley:

Am I correct that the bidding process is just to judge interest, not to actually charge for a product?  The offer says the product will eventually be free - I assume this means for everyone, not just for those choosing to purchase after the product is released.  

I do hope that this product is created - and can be used alongside the installation of Logos 5 (or whatever) on my Windows 8.1 hybrid.  There are times I want a lighter, leaner reader and there are times I want all the power of the Logos 5 engine.  

Thank you for any additional information you can provide.

Floyd Johnson

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 4:16 PM

Yes

Posts 23
Jason Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 4:50 PM

Floyd Johnson:

I do hope that this product is created - and can be used alongside the installation of Logos 5 (or whatever) on my Windows 8.1 hybrid.  There are times I want a lighter, leaner reader and there are times I want all the power of the Logos 5 engine.  

Floyd- I feel the same way about the need for a lightweight reader app on par with what Logos has available on Android and iOS. I love the full power of Logos when I'm doing research and heavy-duty studying... but I also like to work my way through a single book from my Logos library before going to sleep at night and this only makes sense on a smaller tablet with a lightweight reader app. I had been using my old Android tablet for this but it is effectively dead so I just bought an HP Stream 7" Windows tablet for $79 (including a year of Office 365 and 1 TB of OneDrive storage!). It does everything I the old Android tablet did (and more since I have full MS Office!) EXCEPT there is no Logos reader app. If Faithlife can develop this app then I will have absolutely no need for Android or iOS and that suits me just fine!

Posts 23
Jason Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 4:52 PM

Steve Maling:

Thank you, Jason!

You bet Steve! God bless you my brother!

Posts 23
Jason Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 4:58 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Bradley, just curious if you guys have tried approaching Microsoft for support? I wonder if they have any support (financial, training, etc.) to help port over existing code from your Android/iOS projects? They are working hard to close the "app gap" and have even created incentives for their employees to develop new apps on their own time through their Microsoft Garage project. It would be great if they could help you guys out in some way! Also I did see that there are lots of free courses related to creating Universal apps (and porting existing apps) on MSDN and Microsoft Virtual Academy. I'm keeping this project in my prayers because it really would be such a blessing for so many of us who love Logos! 

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

Floyd Johnson:
Am I correct that the bidding process is just to judge interest, not to actually charge for a product?

If you bid, you will be charged if the product goes into production.

Posts 4
Sam Shelton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 7:29 PM

I will gladly pay that small price for functionality on my Windows Tablet.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS