Send to Kindle

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 135
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 12 2015 2:20 PM

I have been out of touch and just noticed the "send to Kindle" feature.  I tried and it works but what is the advantage of doing this?  I can at least vertical scroll in Logos.  Am I missing something that Kindle offers that I am not able to do in Logos? 

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 2:26 PM

Gene Britton:
Am I missing something that Kindle offers that I am not able to do in Logos?

Yep. The real purpose of this isn't sending to a Kindle Fire device (although some users do that). The real purpose is sending to an e-Ink kindle. If you are wanting to highlight, take notes, etc., this isnt likely for you. If you are wanting to just read... this is ideal. It is much better for your eyes.

I do almost ALL of my "studying" in L6 on my MacBook Pro. I do almost ALL of my serious reading (highlighting) in the Bible! app on my iPad. I do almost ALL of my "pleasure reading" on either my Kindle Paperwhite or my "regular" Kindle. Each of those tools have distinct advantages, but for simple reading, nothing beats the Kindle.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 135
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 6:37 PM

Thanks Bama

I also use Macbook Pro for study and iPad mini for reading as well as iPhone if on the go.  I don't have Kindle.  

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 4:51 AM

I will now buy a book I just want to read, or a textbook for school in Logos rather than my old practice of Amazon. I then send those books to my Kindle for the hard reading but then I have expanded my Logos library at the same time.  It is a win-win.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3
Douglas Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 2:18 PM

Is it possible to send books created by Personal Book Builder, and thus available in Logos, to Kindle by this method?

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 2:38 PM

Douglas Miller:

Is it possible to send books created by Personal Book Builder, and thus available in Logos, to Kindle by this method?

I don't believe you can do it through Logos, but you can do it directly through Amazon via your Send to Kindle email. You can view instructions HERE.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 2:40 PM

Douglas Miller:

not currently, nor do I know if ever. You can, however, send books to kindle manually. The "send to kindle" feature in logos is really to help you with logos licensed books. There is a tool Amazon has to send other things. If you google it, you should be able to find it. 

Posts 3
Douglas Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:45 PM

Thanks much alabama24 and Ryan B! Very helpful. I am also wondering, concerning Personal Book Builder, if there is a way to make those available on my iPhone. That is, I created my personal books and have them on my Logos desktop. Can I carry those with me in my iPhone Logos app?

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:51 PM

Douglas Miller:
I am also wondering, concerning Personal Book Builder, if there is a way to make those available on my iPhone.

Currently, no. We hope that becomes a feature in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS