Website bug: Other Journal pre-pub shows I haven't ordered it, even though it's fully contained in MJB which I have ordered

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19321
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 13 2015 2:59 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/50255/the-other-journal-an-intersection-of-theology-and-culture-18-23-6-vols

This pre-pub includes six volumes 18-23, from 2011-2014 (the cover image and heading erroneously say from 2010-2014).

It is entirely included within the Master Journal Bundle:

And yet the Other Journal product description page doesn't know that I already pre-ordered the MJB, so the order buttons should be greyed out for me.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 16 2015 9:23 AM

Rosie, I've asked marketing to confirm which volumes we're offering and to correct the product page appropriately.

As to marking pre-order ownership: the website has only supported graying out subsets of products actually owned, not those on pre-order. This would need to be a new feature. I'll open a case for it.

Thanks for the report!

Posts 19321
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 16 2015 10:32 AM

[quote user="Toby Steele [Faithlife]"]As to marking pre-order ownership: the website has only supported graying out subsets of products actually owned, not those on pre-order. This would need to be a new feature. I'll open a case for it.[/quote]

Thank you! I am constantly coming up against this limitation with the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle 2 that I have on pre-order. There are tons of bundles within it that are already available on their own, and I've several times accidentally put in orders for bunches of those without realizing they were already on order.

It's important for some folks in budgeting for future spending not to accidentally pre-order something that is included in a larger bundle. I know that once the pre-pub goes through, we won't actually be charged twice for the smaller included bundle (it gets automatically removed from our purchase), but thinking that we might be charged for it (i.e., not paying careful attention to what's in our pre-orders list) might cause someone to forego something else they really wanted.

Posts 11
LogosEmployee
Tyler Smith (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 16 2015 11:49 AM

Rosie,

We've corrected the product title on the page and have turned on dynamic pricing. We'll be updating the product image as well. 

Thanks for spotting this!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS