Have Valid Tyndale Commentaries CD. How may I "kill" the request for serial number.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:54 AM

My Tyndale Commentaries CD has no serial number.  I search and searched and searched for one.  There was none!

Now everytime I open Libronix, it requests my serial number.  And, when I Sync Licenses, it asks.  Everything works well and I have access, but it is very annoying always to hit the "cancel" button.

Steve F thinks there is a way, but his remembrances don't work.  Does any savvy Libronix user, particularly someone from the old Newsgroups, have this in your memory?

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Here is our conversation:

Milford Charles Murray Replied: Today 6:42 AM

SteveF:

Milford Charles Murray:

LLS:TNTC62MKUS2009-10-09T22:50:07ZTNTC62MKUS.lbxlls

I went to the ftp site but could not find the corect files for Tyndale.

this is the first time this has happened. The number you quote looks like the one from L4.

Do you have the corresponding L3 number?

Questions...

Peace and Joy to you in the Lord, Steve!   *smile*

A bright and sunny morning here in Oshawa, to which we moved from Whitby.  Retirement and Grandkids! 

Wishing you well over in tomato and canning country!  *smile*

Here is the L3 Tyndale Philippians info for you:  C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\TNTC71PHPUS.lbxlls --  2009-10-09T21:10:25Z

Hope that it is helpful.  When I got my CD from Logos, they most definitely did not include my activation code (I searched and searched and searched!) - now, everytime I start Logos 3 it asks for it again.          A nuisance, but everything works well, both on L3 and L4.  One of these days if things slow down a bit, I'll write Logos for help in this matter ..........      *smile*

Kindest personal greetings .

Yours in Christ,                  ..........................    Mel

C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\TNTC71PHPUS.lbxlls

2009-10-09T21:10:25Z

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

SteveF Replied: Today 9:48 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

Here is the L3

Thanks Milford

Both for the enclosed product code number and the geographical reference! (Yes it is beautiful & cold here to day also).

With your and Dave Hooten's help I have now been able to find and download these files.

As to your problem have you tried the "shift-click-delete" in the open box demanding the number? I think it is shift-click, but it may be "control click-delete". Somewhere on these forums there is a way to bypass "code' demands when installing the main DVD. Sorry if that sounds muddled. Nor do I know if that procedure will work the same with a product CD-ROM.

[I'm assuming, that as an "old hand' at this, that you have syncronized your licenses through Libronix 3.]

If you  have no success, you might need to start this as a separate thread. I'm sure at least one among these good folks should be able to help you aout.

Regards,

SteveF

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 33
Don D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:13 PM

In another thread Ward Walker wrote:

If you are trying to load the Logos3 version of the resources you bought in a Logos4 upgrade, then you will not get a serial number--you have to use a Logos3 trick to make Logos3 happy. 

Just "Next" pass the serial number request the first time it comes up and follow the rest of the resource install steps...especially including sync'ing your licenses (I assume you've already got Logos4 running properly). 

You'll notice afterward that you get a nag message to enter your serial number, although the new resouces are accessible.

Run Tools / Account Management as prompted, and when it asks for your serial number left click your mouse on the words "Serial Number."

A box that says "Delete" will appear ... click that.

Now the nags should go away and Logos 3 will work as expected off your Logos 4 upgrade license.

With a lot of searching, you can find a reference or two elsewhere in the forums to this, but the official Logos help page is:  http://www.logos.com/support/article/898

Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 (x64)

Acer Aspire 5738G laptop

4G RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

ATI Mobility Raedeon HD 4570

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:46 AM

Don D. Thompson:

In another thread Ward Walker wrote:

If you are trying to load the Logos3 version of the resources you bought in a Logos4 upgrade, then you will not get a serial number--you have to use a Logos3 trick to make Logos3 happy. 

Just "Next" pass the serial number request the first time it comes up and follow the rest of the resource install steps...especially including sync'ing your licenses (I assume you've already got Logos4 running properly). 

You'll notice afterward that you get a nag message to enter your serial number, although the new resouces are accessible.

Run Tools / Account Management as prompted, and when it asks for your serial number left click your mouse on the words "Serial Number."

A box that says "Delete" will appear ... click that.

Now the nags should go away and Logos 3 will work as expected off your Logos 4 upgrade license.

With a lot of searching, you can find a reference or two elsewhere in the forums to this, but the official Logos help page is:  http://www.logos.com/support/article/898

Don, I am most grateful for your response!  Thank you so much!  Blessings to you in the Lord!       *smile*

Your information is right on, and with your advice and Dave Hooten's on another thread, my problem has now been solved; and the annoyance is over!

*smile*

Yours in Christ,

.......   Mel

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS