6.2 Beta 3 (6.2.0.0018) available

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 16 2015 3:30 PM

6.2 Beta 3 (6.2.0.0018) is available for testing.

To update to Beta 3, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 6.1 SR-2). To install Beta 3 from scratch, see the notes and download links on this thread.

Release Notes

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 16 2015 9:27 PM

Shouldn't the following still be listed under the "Known Issues" section?

Bible Word Study

The Lemmas section of BWS shows the number of unique verses in your preferred RI(s) that contain at least one translation of this lemma, instead of the number of instances of this lemma in the original manuscripts. (Thread)

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 4:05 AM

What does this mean?

Home Page

Added specialized rendering for most recent Faithlife Today post.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 10:20 AM

Don Awalt:

What does this mean?

Home Page

Added specialized rendering for most recent Faithlife Today post.

Let me be more clear - this implies Faithlife Today comes up on the Home Screen, at least on Verbum/Windows, it does not. I have asked about this six times now, with no answer.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101625/703042.aspx#703042 

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101625/703054.aspx#703054 

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101625/703235.aspx#703235 

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101625/703689.aspx#703689 

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101625/704380.aspx#704380 

Why the big mystery? How does this work? Is it supposed to show up on the Home Screen, or not? Is it Logos only? Does a setting trigger it (haven't found one)?

I apologize for my frustration, but why is it I cannot get a simple answer to whether this is supposed to show up on my Home Page when posts like this one on the beta indicate it is, and some users have said it shows up and others have said it does not. 

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 10:29 AM

Hi Don. Sorry for your frustrations trying to get an answer.

Faithlife Today is currently only included in the Logos desktop application's homepage (not Noet or Verbum).

Posts 29373
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 10:33 AM

Don Awalt:
Let me be more clear - this implies Faithlife Today comes up on the Home Screen, at least on Verbum/Windows, it does not.

My guess is that the Faithlife Today blog caters more towards the core demographic (protestant) and since Verbum caters largely to non protestants, the blog isnt intended to show... but...

Don Awalt:
some users have said it shows up and others have said it does not.

If they were Verbum users, I scratch my head. 

EDIT: I see Jacob responded. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 10:59 AM

Thank you so much Jacob and Alabama!

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 2:46 AM

Lankford Oxendine:

Known issues lists bugs that are new to this release, not bugs that have been present previously.

Posts 32187
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 2:56 AM

alabama24:

My guess is that the Faithlife Today blog caters more towards the core demographic (protestant) and since Verbum caters largely to non protestants, the blog isnt intended to show... but...

I prefer to continue to hope that is not the distinction as the functionality needs are not split along that axis.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 32187
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 2:59 AM

Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife):

Faithlife Today is currently only included in the Logos desktop application's homepage (not Noet or Verbum).

I would have thought that the number of multiple base packages that cross this division would have made it obvious that this is not the most appropriate  discriminator.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29373
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 7:38 AM

MJ. Smith:
the functionality needs are not split along that axis.

What does the blog have to do with functionality needs? Am I not correct that the blog caters to "broadly evangelical" (protestant) users? (I have no idea. I don't read the blog).

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 7:52 AM

alabama24:

MJ. Smith:
the functionality needs are not split along that axis.

What does the blog have to do with functionality needs? Am I not correct that the blog caters to "broadly evangelical" (protestant) users? (I have no idea. I don't read the blog).

If the broadly evangelical (protestant) users are my friends I want to know what they are up to because I care about them/.

If the broadly evangelical (protestant) users are my enemies I want to know what they are up to because I want to look for opportunities to be nice to them.

I am disappointed that there has been a separation made between users along denominational lines. I would be less disappointed if the it were just a switch that needed to be set so that Saints days (and other facilities that I imagine would be denominational) could be switched off in a setting somewhere.

I really don't want to run a separate installation just to see what my brothers and sisters think is important (even if I happen to disagree with their priorities).

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 29373
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 8:15 AM

Mike Binks:
I really don't want to run a separate installation just to see what my brothers and sisters think is important (even if I happen to disagree with their priorities).

I don't disagree... but not everyone does agree. Sometimes separation is the best way to keep the peace.

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 8:25 AM

Mark Barnes:

Lankford Oxendine:

Known issues lists bugs that are new to this release, not bugs that have been present previously.

Thanks for the clarification Mark.

Posts 32187
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 12:44 PM

alabama24:

I don't disagree... but not everyone does agree. Sometimes separation is the best way to keep the peace.

Which is why we say "choice" rather than separation. On a line that is a continuum, separation is an arbitrary and uncomfortable point. Choice allows for the reflection of actual desire and needs.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS