Logos 6.1 Service Release 3 (6.1.0.0038) now available

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 18 2015 1:25 PM

Logos 6.1 SR-3 (6.1.0.0038) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 6.1 SR-3 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. 

Release Notes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1423
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 1:52 PM

I still have the problem that exegetical guide does not show all the apparatuses

I can live with this problem, but I just let you know.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2255
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:30 AM

This seems to index faster for some reason. Wonder if anyone else has noticed an improvement. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:36 AM

I noticed this as well. 

Posts 108
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:48 AM

The reading plan when assessed from the side bar on the home page still opens with the unwanted passage guide and explorer instead of just the devotional reading.

Posts 3663
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 3:20 PM

What gives? SR2 but no updates?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 3:55 PM

Had the same issue on my laptop after the desktop had already updated:

the issue at my end was that the laptop had disconnected from the internet: resolved.

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 8:28 AM

Yeah. It did index fairly quick for me too. My sincere hope is that V7 will be lightening fast. Add some turbos, nitrous... etc to this engine (as the analogy goes)..

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 8:30 AM

Just one issue I've noticed the last 2-3 updates. The "Release Notes" is no longer included when I get an update. There was a link in the past to them but haven't seen the link for the past month or longer. Using a Mac and Platinum version... Hope you can pass along Dylan.

Dave

Posts 3663
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 10:32 AM

New day. Closed & reopened. Everything else can access the internet, & L6 can sync my layout. Still no SR3.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 10:45 AM

BillS:

New day. Closed & reopened. Everything else can access the internet, & L6 can sync my layout. Still no SR3.

You might need to bite the bullet and download the update manually. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3663
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 11:03 AM

alabama24:

BillS:

You might need to bite the bullet and download the update manually. 

You confirmed the path I'd already started... Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 11:18 AM

BillS:
You confirmed the path I'd already started.

There have a been a number of users with issues updating recently. Hopefully this is a temporary thing. Tongue Tied

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2015 10:57 AM

On this release on the Mac, I notice a module in System Activity that is red and "not responding"

It is named LogosCEF

I've never noticed this before. Is this a bug?

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2015 2:43 PM

Michael A. Lasley:

On this release on the Mac, I notice a module in System Activity that is red and "not responding"

It is named LogosCEF

I've never noticed this before. Is this a bug?

It is "cosmetic" and will be fixed in the next release of CEF (my version on Windows still dates from Nov 2014).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 8:10 AM

Not sure what happened with this update, but several things seem to have broken in this release:

1. Layouts - I have 2 monitors, I usually reserve screen 2 for Logos, following the update, every time I click on zoom, the Logos application jumps to screen 1.   Also the Layouts button at the top right of the screen is dead - nothing happens when I click on it.

2. Command box - when I try to open a document in the command box, I type "open strong..." In the past the behavior was to display a list of matching books which I could then select from.  Now nothing is displayed.  I have to know the exact book name to open something quickly.

3. Library Icon - nothing happens when I click on this button - it used to drop down the library where I could select the book I wanted to open.  If I right click, I can open it, but this is inconvenient. 

4. Tabs - I cannot move books by dragging their tabs to different windows.  I like to have my bibles on the left and other references on the right.  Now they can only stay where they opened.

This leaves me wondering how much testing you did on this release.  In my mind - you completely broke the GUI.  How do I downgrade?

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 8:29 AM

Chris:
How do I downgrade?

You can't. Instead, you should create a new thread explaining your issues. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 9:13 PM

Chris:
In my mind - you completely broke the GUI.  How do I downgrade?

Does rebooting the computer change Logos behavior?

One option is contacting Faithlife Technical Support => https://www.logos.com/contact for remote desktop session to demonstrate broken items.

After a Logos update changes the release number in the database files used by Logos, those files cannot be downgraded.  Two options: restore application and database files to a point in time before update OR (re)install an older version.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 44
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 10:32 PM

I have auto updates enabled but it does not update. In Logos I have yellow bar that says "an update is ready to be installed. Click here to install it down.(recommended) When I click it it goes through the motions and when I click "install" get dialog that says "update failed, try again later". So the I type "update now" in command line and get dialog "no Updates available". anyone know what gives? I'm on a mac

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 1:59 AM

Hi Craig,

Without logs from your installation one can only guess 'what gives'.

Even then this failure seems common if not endemic. I guess that the techs know what is wrong by now.

If you want a practical resolution in reasonable time then go to your order page - find the link to your Logos 6 update and use that to reinstall the engine.

Do not delete anything at this point, the latest version will overwrite your existing installation. This will probably give you an up-to-date installation and will only take a few minutes to accomplish.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS