Reformation Study Bible Notes

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2015 1:04 PM

Doc B:

SineNomine:
I don't see it being worth it to them to eat some of that cost themselves and then sell it at a higher price.

How about customer service? They can't be thousands short, based on the graph. At some point, at least where I grew up, you suck it up and give your customers what they are asking for. It is more cost-effective in the long run.

Just my 2 euros.

If their customers really were asking for it in real numbers, it wouldn't be stuck in Pre-Pub.

Posts 2903
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 10:14 PM

MJ. Smith:

The mother in me can't resist Big Smile Don't you guys sound like marathoner runners who want the finish line moved?

I'm sure we do.

I got no problem wit' that. A 5K works for me.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 569
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 4:39 AM

SineNomine:

JH:
How much longer? Can Logos just call it a day and say it is close enough?

If they can't sell enough at Pre-Pub prices to cover costs, I don't see it being worth it to them to eat some of that cost themselves and then sell it at a higher price.

I think there is a marketing problem with the pre-pub model. I suspect that many people see an item on pre-pub with the line halfway filled up and think "Do I want to give $30 right now to a book I probably won't get for months ... or ever?! No, I'll just use my $30 on something I can read and make use of right now and get that other book when it's released." And since you can't track pre-pub items on WishList or any other means, a lot of people (like myself) forget all about that pre-pub for a long time. Plus these products just get pushed back on the page as more is added.

As I've browsed these forums over the last week I see that it's really just frequented by a small number of people. That's fine, and I guess should have been expected. But it's important to realize that we're a very small sample of the Logos consumer base. The vast majority of Logos customers are not (and probably never will be) on the forums.

Thus, it would be nice if Logos could look through its long list of pre-pubs and community pricing works and every now-and-then send out an announcement via email saying "HEY, don't forget about this Pre-Pub/Community Pricing! We just need such-and-such to push it through!" For instance, the works of Thomas Reid have been stuck at 40% for probably over a year. How many people even know this work out there any more? Thus it may forever remain in limbo.

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 6:21 AM

Very good J. Remington Bowling.YesYesYesYesYes

Posts 1796
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 8:36 AM

J. Remington Bowling:
"Do I want to give $30 right now to a book I probably won't get for months ... or ever?! No, I'll just use my $30 on something I can read and make use of right now and get that other book when it's released."

This is not a marketing problem, but it is a problem when people do not understand the pre-pub process!  Big Smile

Only some one who clearly does not understand that "you are never charged until the book is shipped" would not "order" a pre pub!  

I think that it is a problem of terminology, you can "order" a pre-pub, but you can´t really "buy" it until it ships (which could be years from now Sad).

It would be nice, if Logos - Faith life would some how show:  "X number of Bids" needed at this price (comunity pricing), or "X# of addditional Bids needed to push this item into production" for the prepubs

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 569
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 9:08 AM

Tom,

Since that information isn't immediately visible on the pre-order product page then I would say it's still a marketing problem. Most people just look at the pre-order product page and probably don't bother to click the tiny blue link that says "What's a pre-pub?"

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 1796
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 10:28 AM

J. Remington Bowling:

Tom,

Since that information isn't immediately visible on the pre-order product page then I would say it's still a marketing problem. Most people just look at the pre-order product page and probably don't bother to click the tiny blue link that says "What's a pre-pub?"

It is a problem that some one at Faith-life needs to address Big Smile

The other problem (the original problem) is that this thing is still in prepub and not in my library :) 

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 11:18 AM

Faithlife Pre-Pub is it a broken system? discusses this merits of short comings of this system even mentioning this title as an example of how it seems to be failing. This system has worked well for FL but I personally still wonder about it in some cases.

-Dan

Posts 1796
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 5:49 PM

Dan Francis:

Faithlife Pre-Pub is it a broken system? discusses this merits of short comings of this system even mentioning this title as an example of how it seems to be failing. This system has worked well for FL but I personally still wonder about it in some cases.

-Dan

Thanks for the link! Smile

Posts 3577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 6:03 PM

J. Remington Bowling:
The vast majority of Logos customers are not (and probably never will be) on the forums.

Yes. It's also true that the vast majority of people who use the forums never post.

Posts 710
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 8:19 AM

Finally - "Under Development"!

Posts 71
David Pugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 12:37 PM

Outstanding!  Big Smile

Posts 710
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 5:26 PM

Ship date set: 9/22/15

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 6:33 PM

Hurray! Yes