Using "title:Josephus" in SEARCH - not working? But works in Library...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 20 2015 4:21 PM

So if I use this string in SEARCH, I get three titles (without the word Josephus in the name)... but when I use it in my Library, I get 6+ resources I own. The logic here seems odd.

I am a newbie but also taking some MP classes and have no idea why this is (or isn't in my case) happening. Insight please!

Dave

BTW - Platinum, latest version (6.1 SR3 updated today) and rebooted since update. Goal is to search the following:

Title of Book containing Josephus

AND then to search a term within those titles using keywords

In this case containing a mention of Eleazar

What I THOUGHT would work is the following: title: Josephus AND term: Eleazar

**Also tried without space between these search terms and keywords... no dice.

Posts 22011
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 4:28 PM

Hi David

David Geipel:

Title of Book containing Josephus

AND then to search a term within those titles using keywords

In this case containing a mention of Eleazar

in the search panel click on "all resources" and in the dropdown menu type "title:Josephus". This will give you the option to select your seven resources

then put "Eleazar" into the search box.

That should give you what you want.

Graham

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 5:18 PM

Thanks Graham. That did the trick!

Don't know why the search engine doesn't pick that up in the general search box since I asked it to find that across all resources... and told it where to look. I thought you could also sort or search by Publisher too (like pub:tyndale)... 

Feature request I suppose.

Posts 25049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2015 5:08 AM

David Geipel:
Don't know why the search engine doesn't pick that up in the general search box since I asked it to find that across all resources...

If you are searching for a word within resources that have Josephus in their title, use the search box for the word Eleazar and then specify your resources by clicking on "All resources" (which is the default). You could choose resources from the list or a collection of Josephus titles, OR type title:Josephus rather than creating a collection! So remember that resources are filtered in the "all resources" Find box.

David Geipel:
I thought you could also sort or search by Publisher too (like pub:tyndale)

Type publisher:tyndale in the "resources" Find box. If it works in Library it should work here!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS