Definitely worth a look !! The World and the Word: An Introduction to the Old Testament - Eugene Merrill

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:31 PM

https://vyrso.com/product/39528/the-world-and-the-word-an-introduction-to-the-old-testament

Anyone have 99c to spare?

Overview

The World and the Word is a fresh introduction to the Old Testament driven largely by the fact that so much Christian preaching and teaching today increasingly ignores what is eighty percent of the Bible. Authors Eugene Merrill, Mark Rooker, and Michael Grisanti work through the world and text of the Old Testament always making three major points:
• The Old Testament is a rich source of theology and doctrine that is presupposed by the New Testament. Without it, Christian theology would be seriously deficient.
• Mastery of the Old Testament is crucial to an understanding of the New Testament.
• The Old Testament offers, by teaching and example, practical principles of belief and behavior for contemporary times. Who God was and what He did then can be replicated in the lives of men and women today.
Separating the verifiable biblical and extra-biblical data from the various interpretations of that same information, the book further shows how the Old Testament forms the platform and matrix from which sprang the life, ministry, and teachings of Jesus and the church. The World and the Word will help students see an entry point into the very heart and design of God who loves them and wishes to make them the special object of His grace.

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:54 PM

Wow! Thanks for the heads up, David. 560 pages! Not a bad deal.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 4:29 AM

Thank you !!  Yes

Posts 460
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 6:38 AM

Thanks David!

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 7:10 AM

Why won't it let me buy it?

Posts 21855
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 7:15 AM

Joe Mayden:

Why won't it let me buy it?

What happens when you try?

If the "add to cart" button is shown greyed out it means you own it (or at least the store thinks you do)

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 7:23 AM

Thanks Graham, I had it in my library.  This confronts me with the fact that I may have too many books.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 (NASB95)

12 But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.

Convicted!

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 7:23 AM

David J. Wilson:

Anyone have 99c to spare?

After finally scrounging up $0.99 I went to the site, only to find out I already owned this title Roll Eyes Well, I got to spend my money on something else: Mere Humanity (I found it on this list posted by mike)

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 8:57 AM

Thanks David. I picked it up.

All the best.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS