Sync Speed

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 39
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:45 PM

Hello:

I just purchased L4 a few weeks ago (and feel like I've had it forever as I use it every waking moment when not at work).  I notice speed problems with my computer even though I have a new computer with plenty of speed (quad-core, 4GB RAM, 3.6Ghz, 4 Terabytes of memory (7200RPM), etc ...

One thing that I notice that seems to slow down the software is the thing is "syncing" with Logos every few seconds.  Is there a way to adjust this so that it syncs once per hour (or once every few hours) so that I can speed up my processing speed?

Thank you!!

David

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 3:38 AM

David:
Is there a way to adjust this so that it syncs once per hour (or once every few hours) so that I can speed up my processing speed?

No, but Logos are aiming NOT to sync during periods of user activity  eg. when searching, scrolling. You might see this in the next version (4.0b).

Meanwhile you can set Use Internet to OFF in Program Settings and sync when you enter Sync Now in the Command bar. But Automatic Updates won't happen until Use Internet is ON.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13
Chad Dukes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 12:23 PM

Now that is very helpful. Thank you. I have noticed the same performance issues (HP Elitebook Quad 4GB 500GB 7200 Win7) and it has, at times frustrated me. All in all though, the improvements to the program are well worth the trade-offs during the initial break in process.Wink

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS