Reformation Study Bible

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 6 2015 8:56 AM

I know there is already a thread in the Reformed Section but I wanted to make sure everyone knew the new Reformation Study Bible Notes are on Pre-Pub.  Let's get this to development as quickly as possible!

https://www.logos.com/product/51541/reformation-study-bible-notes 

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 5:29 AM

Ok what happened? Yesterday the bar was about 75% loaded, today it looks like this:

Posts 670
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 9:31 AM

I wonder how much difference between the old version and this one.  Is there a discount to upgrade if you already have the old version?

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 9:42 AM

I have the older version, I do not know what the updates are.  I also do not get a discount on it.  I will not be buying the new one at this time.

Posts 82
David Pugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 9:46 AM

I also have the old version.  However, I'm convinced this will be a significant improvement so I'm all in. 

As I said in the other thread, I think that folks that buy this prepub should seriously consider also the "Reformation Heritage Study Bible" to be an excellent companion resource. 

Posts 670
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:03 AM

Is that the NIV one that Carson has something to do with?

Posts 30531
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:04 AM

Michael S.:
Is there a discount to upgrade if you already have the old version?

Everett Headley:
I also do not get a discount on it.

This is a newly revised edition, therefore there aren't any discounts.

Everett Headley:
I do not know what the updates are.

According to the product description:

Reformation Study Bible:
the new Reformation Study Bible notes are now thoroughly revised and expanded, providing 44% more commentary than the original edition—with 20,000 new, revised, or expanded study notes and 1.1 million total words of commentary.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:06 AM

It has been completely overhauled, new articles, new notes, a lot of new scholars. R.C. and his team talk about it at http://renewingyourmind.org/broadcasts/2015/03/02/igniting-a-bible-study-reformation-part-1 

Posts 12514
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:09 AM

Michael S.:

Is that the NIV one that Carson has something to do with?

No, definitely not.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 271
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:31 AM

The progress has definitely been altered since I put in my pre-order yesterday.  I hope someone from Logos provides some clarification as to what happened.  

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:53 AM

Michael:

The progress has definitely been altered since I put in my pre-order yesterday.  I hope someone from Logos provides some clarification as to what happened.  

Whew, I'm not crazy!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 11:10 AM

Everett Headley:

I have the older version, I do not know what the updates are.  I also do not get a discount on it.  I will not be buying the new one at this time.

Did anybody get a discount on NIV2011 for owning NIV 984? No, because they are two different editions with substantially different content. The same applies here.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 11:44 AM

Super.Tramp:
Did anybody get a discount on NIV2011 for owning NIV 984? No, because they are two different editions with substantially different content. The same applies here.

Not true some companies do I cut and past this from a company Upgrade Option  Upgrade from Original to 2015 Edition of Reformation Study Bible | $14.90 

Faithlife chooses not to offer an upgrade but some companies do and it is not an uncommon practice.

-Dan

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 11:48 AM

Dan Francis:
Not true some companies do I cut and past this from a company Upgrade Option

Thank you, Dan, for pointing this out. I had no idea.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 12:29 PM

Dan Francis:

Super.Tramp:

Not true some companies do I cut and past this from a company Upgrade Option  Upgrade from Original to 2015 Edition of Reformation Study Bible | $14.90 

Faithlife chooses not to offer an upgrade but some companies do and it is not an uncommon practice.

-Dan

I wasn't aware of this either.  The only electronic edition I have seen so far is Olive Tree, is there another one? I didn't see it in Accordance's storefront.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 12:38 PM

I purposely avoided mentioning Accordance but it is there and they are the ones offering upgrade pricing. It had seemed to be to be crossing forum guidelines to mention the company as to be going from informing others practices to seemingly promoting and advertising a competitor which is against forum guidelines.

-Dan

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 1:05 PM

Dan Francis:

I purposely avoided mentioning Accordance but it is there and they are the ones offering upgrade pricing. It had seemed to be to be crossing forum guidelines to mention the company as to be going from informing others practices to seemingly promoting and advertising a competitor which is against forum guidelines.

-Dan

Hmm not sure, regularly the two stores are compared with offerings. If anything, I would hope it would prompt FL to get a move on getting the work into production. I could buy the Accordance, OT, or Hard copy, sure. But I want the Logos Edition, it's just frustrating. They had the old edition included in Reformed Starter and that has been removed with nothing (that I can see) to replace it.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 11:08 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Dan Francis:

-Dan

Hmm not sure, regularly the two stores are compared with offerings. If anything, I would hope it would prompt FL to get a move on getting the work into production. I could buy the Accordance, OT, or Hard copy, sure. But I want the Logos Edition, it's just frustrating. They had the old edition included in Reformed Starter and that has been removed with nothing (that I can see) to replace it.

Just checked my email and found the upgrade pricing available from both companies.... but it seems a limit time thing. Hopefully FL can offer it when done for a limited time too.

-Dan

Posts 3513
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 5:23 AM

Dan Francis:

David Taylor Jr:

Dan Francis:

-Dan

Just checked my email and found the upgrade pricing available from both companies.... but it seems a limit time thing. Hopefully FL can offer it when done for a limited time too.

-Dan

Isn't the PP price basically the same as their upgrade?

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 10:56 AM

No the upgrade price is | $14.90 ($14.99 at OT)  PP is $19.99. I know it is only a $5 savings off of the initial pricing but it is a nice gesture.

-Dan

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS