Page 1 of 15 (298 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 297 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 898
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 6 2015 9:21 AM

There is a banner icon on the homepage for an $8.99/mo subscription, but the link doesn't go anywhere yet. I have only had Collector's for a few weeks - maybe I will have to return it with a subscription at that price (it says "SuperCharge your base package," but I'm not sure what that means). 

Posts 898
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 9:51 AM

Poof! The link is gone. Late April fools.

Posts 10549
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 11:00 AM

Justin Gatlin:
Poof! The link is gone.

You saw a premature posting. Try this link https://www.logos.com/product/50138/logos-now 

Don't return you base package for this. It just augments the base package.

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 11:23 AM

What!? Is this new? Does this mean that the base packages are now considered static and will only receive bug fixes?

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 11:23 AM

This is an exciting new step for Faithlife. Logos Now looks very promising.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 11:39 AM

Hmm $9/month for what exactly?  Not sure the value of this.

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 11:58 AM

Where I see the value is that it appears that Logos is trying to replicate the desktop experience in a browser: https://www.logos.com/product/51786/access-to-applogoscom

Not sure I would want to pay $9 a month but I'm excited about the possibility of using a web app that is more full-fledged than Biblia.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:14 PM

Rob:

What!? Is this new? Does this mean that the base packages are now considered static and will only receive bug fixes?

More info coming soon, but to answer your question:

Logos 6 users will continue to receive free updates to their software: bug fixes, performance enhancements, improvements to existing features, and updates to their resources, datasets, media collections, and interactives. Logos Now subscribers, in addition to these things, will receive access to a variety of new categories of ever-growing content—datasets, media collections, and interactives—as well as early access to new features. Now subscribers will also receive ​access to the brand new Logos web app and will enjoy other membership benefits like exclusive offers, special discounts, and more.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:14 PM

William:
Where I see the value is that it appears that Logos is trying to replicate the desktop experience in a browser

It is much more than that.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:20 PM

Travis Walter:

Hmm $9/month for what exactly? Not sure the value of this.

What is Logos Now?

1. It’s a subscription-based service.
  2. It’s content and tools for serious Bible study.
  3. It builds on top of Logos 6.
  4. It’s continually growing and getting regular updates.
  5. It’s access to the future of Logos Bible Software, today.
  6. It's a membership program.

What do you get with Logos Now?

1. A growing library of data, media, and interactive content.
  2. Early access to new features and tools.
  3. Access to the beta of the new Logos web app.
  4. Special membership benefits such as exclusive offers, special discounts, and more.

What does the first release include?

1. Old Testament Propositional Bible Outlines (dataset)
  2. Greek Grammatical Constructions (dataset)
  3. Commandments of the Law (interactive)
  4. Visual Copy Templates (media)
  5. Author Slide Templates (media)
  6. Logos Stock Images, vol. 2 (media)
  7. Media Browser (tool)
  8. Concordance (tool)
  9. Access to the beta of the Logos web app
  10. Membership benefits (e.g., exclusive offers, special discounts)

We'll continue to add more value to it over time. More details forthcoming.

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:40 PM

So will base packages go away??

What about resources?  Is this future of Logos sub of everything?? In the end this seems much more expensive to the end user.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:44 PM

Travis Walter:
So will base packages go away??

No. We anticipate continuing to offer base packages for the foreseeable future. This supplements base packages.

Posts 143
Felix Brito | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:45 PM

II think we paid in Logos 6 for the Propositional Bible Outlines in the whole bible, not only the New Testament. it isn´t fair I need to subscribe to Logos Now in order to have this tool available. What is your answer, please?

Posts 898
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:46 PM

Travis,

Logos Now doesn't look like it includes any resources. I think it is just a shortcut for the impatient to get access to L7 as it is developed instead of all at once, and to get coupon codes.Not a really exciting development, to me - and I wanted to be excited! But supercharging my base package sounded like revolving rentals of resources, like discussed on the forum pretty recently. This is not exciting at all. The Media Browser seems like a nice feature (concordance seems like it can easily be done with existing tools), but a decent way of browsing media ought to have been included in L6 anyway; it is a pretty basic thing you shouldn't have to pay a subscription fee for.

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 12:53 PM

Felix Brito:

II think we paid in Logos 6 for the Propositional Bible Outlines in the whole bible, not only the New Testament. it isn´t fair I need to subscribe to Logos Now in order to have this tool available. What is your answer, please?

Logos specifically answered questions about the OT Propositional Outline with a statement that they were gauging the response to see if it would expand to the Old Testament. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/92621/647123.aspx

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:00 PM

Justin Gatlin:

I think it is just a shortcut for the impatient to get access to L7 as it is developed instead of all at once,

As a quick definition, I this this is a good description ... but the intent appears to be to make it a more attractive option over time.

Justin Gatlin:

The Media Browser seems like a nice feature (concordance seems like it can easily be done with existing tools)

The first cut of the concordance isn't adding a great deal of functionality ... but additional features should make it very exciting. But I think users will be pleased even with the first cut.

However, as a retired IT person, there is a terrific side benefit ... because features of L7 are not being built and stored on a shelf for up to 2 years, the development cycle ought to be cleaner, resulting in fewer regressions and bugs. I know I have to wait and see but I honestly expect a noticeable improvement.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:05 PM

Felix Brito:

Logos 6 just included in the NT. We described it (see below) and priced it for just the NT. It was poorly named, so we've updated the name to better represent that it's NT only. When we shipped Logos 6, there was no plan even to do the OT. We decided that later based on customer feedback.

"We’ve hand tagged nearly 8,000 verses with more than 130 labels demonstrating the flow of thought of every passage in the New Testament. The Propositional outlines dataset is the first ever semantic outline to cover the entire New Testament. Our team of experts has spent countless hours dissecting each verse and determining how they relate to one another."

Sorry for the confusion.

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:05 PM

Phil Gons:

4. Special membership benefits such as exclusive offers, special discounts, and more.

For $8.99 a month? Count me in! Thank you Faithlife, this looks very good. Can't wait to take my first test ride on these new features. (indexing now... #Can'tWaitToGetAnSSD) and with the free trial month, this is a NO BRAINER!

Grace and Peace

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:09 PM

Phil Gons:

So, if one stops paying the monthly subscription, these features are removed from our desktop version of Logos (or become deactivated)? Subscriptions can be started and stopped at any time and they all run for a month at a time?

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:12 PM

Do these new features become a permanent addition to our base package or do they go away if we stop subscribing?

Phil Gons:

More info coming soon, but to answer your question:

Logos 6 users will continue to receive free updates to their software: bug fixes, performance enhancements, improvements to existing features, and updates to their resources, datasets, media collections, and interactives. Logos Now subscribers, in addition to these things, will receive access to a variety of new categories of ever-growing content—datasets, media collections, and interactives—as well as early access to new features. Now subscribers will also receive ​access to the brand new Logos web app and will enjoy other membership benefits like exclusive offers, special discounts, and more.

Page 1 of 15 (298 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS