Look, Look, LOOK what I got!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 98
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 4:18 PM

I would be interested in seeing this in Logos also. Looks like good stuff for small group study.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 6:43 PM

Cynthia,

Your joy over getting this resource is so contagious! Thanks for exuding it!.

I like graphical layouts of information like the pictures you displayed. It's the way my mind works. Better a mind map than an outline.

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 12:40 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

As promised, here are so pictures from his books.  (This one is 2 Corinthians, my 1 Corinthians is in my car!)

Interesting. Thanks.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2015 1:25 PM

Very nice indeed!

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 7:53 AM

Sorry, folks, just now seeing these subsequent posts . . .! And thanks, Cynthia, for posting those inside pages . . . Smile

HERE'S AN UPDATE on the availability of these Bible studies:  Just spoke with FaithLife (Logos) early this week and was told the launch is about 2 months away, so I'm hoping September/October.

I'm attaching a list of the entire Collection of Jensen titles they will be launching (since they sell in Collections, I understand, rather than releasing individual titles) -- there are 24 books. The Do-It-Yourself Bible Studies that Cynthia loves are 16 of these titles (+ a little How To guide, making 17 total).

I have asked what Collection price they plan to put on them (will post when I find out).

Question:  Do you recommend that I suggest they release the Do-It-Yourself series as a separate collection, apart from the others, or just keep them all together?

I have another question about one of the Miscellaneous titles, but will post that separately in its own thread. It's about the INDEPENDENT BIBLE STUDY book on the list.

Thank you so much for your encouragement through your comments!

Karen

6786.Jensen titles for Faithlife Apr30.2015.docx

Posts 9830
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:06 AM

Karen Jensen Collins:
Just spoke with FaithLife (Logos) early this week and was told the launch is about 2 months away, so I'm hoping September/October.

Great news.

Karen Jensen Collins:
Question:  Do you recommend that I suggest they release the Do-It-Yourself series as a separate collection, apart from the others, or just keep them all together?

Personally I'd like to see it as a separate collection.

Thanks.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:50 AM

Great -- thanks for your feedback, Bruce!

And I've just posted the separate question in its own thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/113133/749843.aspx#749843

Thanks to any of you who will indulge me by reading thru it and offering your feedback.

Posts 26
mc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 9:55 AM

This is great news!  I look forward to the release.  Personally, I would like to see the Do-it-yourself Bible studies as a separate collection.  Even better would be if they could be available as individual books.

Thank you for this update.

Posts 3134
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 1:54 PM

Cynthia in Florida:
I find that actually WRITING them instead of typing them makes me remember them better. 

FWIW, there is a strong body of academic research that supports your experience as being generally true for most people.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1360
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:43 PM

Karen Jensen Collins:

Sorry, folks, just now seeing these subsequent posts . . .! And thanks, Cynthia, for posting those inside pages . . . Smile

HERE'S AN UPDATE on the availability of these Bible studies:  Just spoke with FaithLife (Logos) early this week and was told the launch is about 2 months away, so I'm hoping September/October.

I'm attaching a list of the entire Collection of Jensen titles they will be launching (since they sell in Collections, I understand, rather than releasing individual titles) -- there are 24 books. The Do-It-Yourself Bible Studies that Cynthia loves are 16 of these titles (+ a little How To guide, making 17 total).

I have asked what Collection price they plan to put on them (will post when I find out).

I have another question about one of the Miscellaneous titles, but will post that separately in its own thread. It's about the INDEPENDENT BIBLE STUDY book on the list.

Thank you so much for your encouragement through your comments!

Karen

6786.Jensen titles for Faithlife Apr30.2015.docx

I am so glad to see these in the works to become available to Logos users. When I started using the Do It Yourself series over a couple decades ago, they revolutionized my style of teaching my Sunday School class. I still use this method for each Bible passage I teach.

Logos usually offers special discounted pricing on the collection of a group like this. That gets all the materials into one's library immediately and encourages purchase of all the titles. When they break up the collections later, it is nice for people that may only need or want selected titles.  

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 1:53 PM

NEWSFLASH y'all:   Logos has just announced the pre-pub of the IRVING JENSEN COLLECTION (24 titles):
https://www.logos.com/product/55678/irving-l-jensen-collection

And here's an update on the standalone IBS (Independent Bible Study), which is one of the titles in the collection, and the sample charts eBook that I am working on:

STANDALONE IBS will be made available in about a week here at Logos at the retail price of $6.99.

SAMPLE ANALYTICAL CHARTS eBOOK turned into a massive project with 350+ charts received from 63 former students of Dad's! I will be releasing it under the name: Unlock the Bible Student in You sometime early January. PDF format. I plan to offer it as a bonus product, along with a webinar training that shows the steps of creating the charts. Will price under $10.

I will post it here when both of these are available . . .

Also, Cynthia Feenstra and I are partnering together in a ministry to encourage more independent Bible study (teaching the inductive method). Website is in its early stages: InductiveCharts.com and FB page: Jensen Studies

Thanks so much for your interest! I thank God for this forum and particularly for THIS THREAD that connected Cynthia and me earlier this year!

Karen

Posts 2849
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 2:13 PM

Great news. Thank you so much for the update!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 4:07 PM

Ah! And already, the standalone title, INDEPENDENT BIBLE STUDY, is also ready for pre-order at $5.99 (save $1):

https://www.logos.com/product/55689/independent-bible-study

Posts 4166
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 6:03 PM

I notice that is published through moody, and available in Logos.

Seems to be a good comment on Logos and Moody's relationship...

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 2729
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 6:08 PM

abondservant:

I notice that is published through moody, and available in Logos.

Seems to be a good comment on Logos and Moody's relationship...

I noticed that the publisher is "Moody Bible Institute of Chicago" rather than Moody Press or Moody Publishers. While the Press/Publishers is the printing division of the Institute, the name used makes me think that this is a Public Domain work that has been generously negotiated by the Jensen family and not necessarily an indication of other Moody Press titles returning to Faithlife. I am hopeful, but not expecting anything yet.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 36090
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 10:05 PM

David Thomas:
makes me think that this is a Public Domain work that has been generously negotiated by the Jensen family

I believe that these are not public domain but rather that the copyright is held by some member(s) of the Jensen family. As a quick rule of thumb public domain is either prior to 1923 or more than 75 years after the death of the author.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
Spay Cube | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 10:45 PM

Nice I like it.

Posts 12573
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 11:24 PM

David Thomas:
work that has been generously negotiated by the Jensen family

This. Thanks a lot, Karen (and Cynthia!), for making this possible.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2015 1:07 PM

My siblings and I still hold the copyright (until 2071!) . . . and it is OUR DELIGHT to see these books once again available.

Eventually, I also hope to make some or all of the titles available with print-on-demand, realizing that there are still many out there who prefer books in print.

Incidentally, a missionary friend of ours in Peru is interested in translating the Do-It-Yourself series into Spanish . . .

Thanks again for your kindness and encouragement in this thread.

Merry Christmas!

karen

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS