Is there a KJV Bible from that is best on the 1769 text?

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 5:44 AM

Harrison Brock:
I do not like the KJV(1900 PCE) because they change Spirit to spirit in 1 John 5:8.

Visual filter can change spirit to Spirit in 1 John 5:8 and 24 other verses.  Search and Visual Filter have Match Case checked:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 465
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:05 AM

Thanks Scott for the blog and thread references - this may certainly explain why the KJV 1769 edition seems to be absent in Harrison's package.  I was not aware that version had been discontinued for the new packages and also not currently being sold by Logos.  It seems the only reason I have it would be because I bought an earlier package.  Keep well  Paul  

Posts 465
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:22 AM

Hi Harrison

My sincere apologies for misleading you on the availability of the KJV version of 1769 within the later Logos offerings. Despite the assurances contained in the Blog (which Scott has kindly pointed us to) I personally would not regard the KJV (1900) as better or an appropriate substitute for the 1769 version. 

It's sobering to think that a Bible many people (not just myself) would regard more than any other as the Word of God has been dumped and is not now available within my favourite Bible research software. God bless you Harrison in your efforts to keep close to God's Word.  

Keep well  Paul        

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 11:50 AM

You are correct. Logos has removed the AV1769 from current packages. I use the 1769 version when pasting into my sermons, but use the 1900 version for study since it has the interlinear.I do not care for the 1873 version. Logos used to give the AV1769 away free on floppy disks in 1.6 days. Perhaps Logos could provide it as a free download for those interested. 

Posts 32528
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 12:03 PM

There is a route that would make it viable for Logos to carry the particular variants of early English Bibles that we may need:

• Logos has established a relationship with Text Creation Partnership
  • In partnership with TCP, Early English Books Online http://eebo.chadwyck.com/ has a rather extensive list of Bibles (as per Taliaferro's Encyclopedia of English Language Bible Version)
  • With TCP/Faithlife versions and crowd-sourced tagging, many of these Bibles ought to be able to be offered at attractive pricing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 12:54 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

Harrison Brock:

It seem like I do not have the " Authorized Version " in my package. I have the KJV(1900) and the Cambridge Paragraph (1873).

I don't think the 1769 Authorized Version (shown above) is available any longer. Likely the product of a much earlier base package.

See THIS THREAD and BLOG POST for more detailed information.

The Authorized Version 1769 is included in these 2 packages. There may be a few more packages that it's included. Here is the resource information of the copy that I have.

LLS:1.0.3
2014-10-08T23:17:25Z
KJV.logos4

The citation information:

The Holy Bible: King James Version. Electronic ed. of the 1769 edition of the 1611 Authorized Version. Bellingham WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1995.

Here are the 2 packages:

https://www.logos.com/product/8582/john-macarthur-essential-bible-study-library

https://www.logos.com/product/9438/amg-bible-essentials

EDIT: Added citation information.

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 5:56 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

The Authorized Version 1769 is included in these 2 packages. There may be a few more packages that it's included. Here is the resource information of the copy that I have.

KJV.logos4

The Holy Bible: King James Version. Electronic ed. of the 1769 edition of the 1611 Authorized Version. Bellingham WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1995.

Here are the 2 packages:

Erwin, are you sure about that?

The KJV listed in the MacArthur bundle seems to be publisher Thomas Nelson with a publication date of 2000. The AMG bundle lacks any information but the description does seem to fit the 1769 version.

I just wouldn’t want anyone to be misled.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 465
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:03 PM

Thanks MJ - That would seem like a good solution for the future, particularly if individual Bibles can be purchased rather than as part of a package.  Keep well  Paul

Posts 17
Harrison Brock | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:10 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Scott E. Mahle:

Harrison Brock:

It seem like I do not have the " Authorized Version " in my package. I have the KJV(1900) and the Cambridge Paragraph (1873).

I don't think the 1769 Authorized Version (shown above) is available any longer. Likely the product of a much earlier base package.

KJV.logos4

Here are the 2 packages:

Thanks. I wired that Logos does have this bible in a package. I have the Bronze Package.

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:20 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

The KJV listed in the MacArthur bundle seems to be publisher Thomas Nelson with a publication date of 2000. The AMG bundle lacks any information but the description does seem to fit the 1769 version.

Hi Scott; I am pretty sure, unless Logos has changed the included resource (AV) of the packages. I purchased these back in the L4 days. It's a shame that we can't get the resource ID of the resources included in a particular package. I'll see if I can verify from my original orders.

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:37 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

It's a shame that we can't get the resource ID of the resources included in a particular package. I'll see if I can verify from my original orders.

Resource ID’s on all of them would be great! Especially in cases like this where you have so many similar titles.

I don’t have either one of those bundles so I’ve got no way to check. My copy probably came from my old Series X Library.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:40 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

I just checked my original orders.

The filename of the Authorized Version that was included with the 2 packages is KJV.lbxlls. I do have the KJV1900 that was included with a base package, and that filename is KJV1900.lbxlls.

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 6:53 PM

Harrison Brock:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Scott E. Mahle:

Harrison Brock:

KJV.logos4

Here are the 2 packages:

Thanks. I wired that Logos does have this bible in a package. I have the Bronze Package.

Hi Harrison; Unless Logos has changes the resource versions within the packages, the Authorized Version 1769 should still be included. I guess the only way to know for sure is to contact Logos before purchase. See my other replies concerning this.

Posts 2492
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 7:00 PM

Also, remember that Logos does have a 30 day return policy.  So you can return the resource if it is not what you want.

Posts 164
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 8:30 AM

I posted this in another thread:

In Logos Bible Software, the "Authorized Version" is the 1769 edition while the "King James Version" is the c.1900 edition commonly called the "Pure Cambridge Edition".

The differences amount to some slight variations in spelling, capitalizations, punctuation, and use of italics. For example, try searching for "inquire" and "enquire" in both editions using Logos.

A few other examples include:

Ezra 2:26 (Spelling)
Gaba (AV)
Geba (KJV1900)

1 John 5:8 (Capitalization)
Spirit (AV)
spirit (KJV1900)

Romans 4:18 (Punctuation)
nations, according (AV)
nations; according (KJV1900)

2 Samuel 18:29 (Italics)
Is (AV)
Is (KJV1900)

See http://www.bibleprotector.com/editions.htm for a more complete listing.

Logos 9 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (21H1) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.15.7 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPadPro (2020) iPadOS 14.6 | iPhoneXR iOS 14.6

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS