Page 7 of 8 (148 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
This post has 147 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 10592
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 2:54 AM

Matt Zimmerman:

Offer a subscription to the latest engine + most complete cross-grade at $8.99 a month. That sounds really nice doesn't it? A nice steady stream of income, less confusion, no complaints about lack of content justifying the price, the Logos team can continue to crank out new features based on the revenue stream, and customers can still opt to buy the engine and cross-grade outright if desired. Also, this works just like Netflix. If you stop subscribing, just like Netflix, you lose any content you don't own. But whatever you purchased (engine, crossgrades, resources) you obviously retain.

Would I subscribe to this? Well, I currently own the latest data sets in 6 at the level I need. But if Logos made such a subscription model and committed to regularly introduce new features and data sets for my $8.99 a month, then I would subscribe in a heartbeat. It'd never have to worry about buying a cross-grade or engine again, woohoo!

Seems that you have just described Logos Now.

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 5:02 AM

Where does it say you get all the datasets in Logos?

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:23 AM

Matt Zimmerman:

Where does it say you get all the datasets in Logos?

I don't know all the "in's and out's," but from my understanding, "Logos Now" is for users who already have purchased base packages... going forward, you will have access to future data sets. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:27 AM

Some clarification from Logos would be nice then. 

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:29 AM

The easiest way is to call Logos, using Plain Ole Telephone System, Skype or other social media and talk to a sales representative.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 1:51 PM

Matt Zimmerman:
Some clarification from Logos would be nice then.

Matt, Logos Now is intended for Logos 6 owners (of Gold or Feature Crossgrade and higher). It gets you (1) access to all the new dataset, media, and interactive content we're creating, (2) early access to new features, (3) month-long access to featured book content, (4) access to the beta of the Logos web app, and (5) membership benefits like exclusive discounts and offers. We have much more planned that we'll be rolling out over the coming months.

Logos Now doesn't include anything that was already in Logos 6. It builds on top of it. If you don't have Logos 6 yet, you'll get the best experience by moving to Logos 6 Gold or Feature Crossgrade (or higher) and then subscribing to Logos Now.

Posts 2947
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2015 9:00 PM

Up to now , I  don' t see much exciting on Logos now , but what I can see is some how a little bit on the concordance. What is more? Perhaps there could be something better which I have missed. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1
Rev. Maurice A. Bates | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2015 1:47 PM

I totally agree with you Jeffrey.  I was told the same thing, only to fine out that with each level upgrade, they've tried to sell me an upgrade which was averaging between $1500 to $2,200.  I don't get it.

Logos Now, has only been the recycling of a previous months offer.

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2015 3:51 PM

Welcome to the forums Maurice! Smile

Rev. Maurice A. Bates:
Logos Now, has only been the recycling of a previous months offer.

I don't think I understand what you are trying to say. Logos Now introduces NEW features to users early (i.e. "now"). How is that "recycling of a previous month's offer"?

Posts 1
Wally Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 6:09 AM

"for the foreseeable future"? That's scary.

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 10:47 AM

Well, I read the vast majority of the posts. I just want to cast my vote. I personally do NOT like this subscription model and would prefer to purchase Logos 7 this Fall.

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 11:57 AM

Josh:
I personally do NOT like this subscription model and would prefer to purchase Logos 7 this Fall.

Everything from FL has indicated that to be the case... (with the exception of L7 release date, which is anyone's guess). 

Posts 139
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 5:45 PM

If LOGOS feels so strongly toward the positive benefit (s) of subscription why then is not Bible Study Magazine available via subscription for those who would like it? Other subscription based magazines offer it.

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

13" MBA 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 RAM, 512 SSD

27" iMAC 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 RAM, 1TB SATA Disk

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 8:30 PM

Rich:
why then is not Bible Study Magazine available via subscription for those who would like it?

<scratches head>

Surely you must know that BSM is available by subscription... https://www.logos.com/product/4220/bible-study-magazine?utm_source=biblestudymagazine.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=subscribebutton&utm_campaign=bsm15 

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 8:38 PM

alabama24:

Rich:
why then is not Bible Study Magazine available via subscription for those who would like it?

<scratches head>

Surely you must know that BSM is available by subscription... https://www.logos.com/product/4220/bible-study-magazine?utm_source=biblestudymagazine.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=subscribebutton&utm_campaign=bsm15 

I was thinking he maybe meant digital subscription?

Posts 139
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2016 5:18 PM

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, digital subscription.

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2016 6:04 PM

Rich:
Yes, digital subscription

Would you REALLY want a digital subscription, or would you want the ability to own a digital copy which integrates with your Logos library? Do you want a nicely laid out PDF copy, or a flowing text copy? 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2016 8:58 PM

alabama24:
Would you REALLY want a digital subscription, or would you want the ability to own a digital copy which integrates with your Logos library?

I want ONLY a digital copy integrated into my Logos library. Paper copies are useless to me with my eyesight problems. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 139
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 6:16 AM

A digital flowing copy integrated into LOGOS would be nice.

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 8:21 AM

Rich:

A digital flowing copy integrated into LOGOS would be nice.

OK, now we are getting somewhere. I agree with you 100%, as do many other users. The confusion came when you tied it to Logos Now. 

Above you question FL's addition of the "subscription" model. A subscription to a print magazine and a subscription to a "service" are very different things. Once you stop subscripting to a service, you lose all benefits. FL's commitment to a subscription service and the creation of a electronic version of the magazine are completely unrelated.

It sounds like you want a "Logos Edition" (or perhaps Vyrso Edition) of BSM. (I do too). The other option would be for FL to create a digital version (PDF or similar format) of the print magazine, but that wouldn't integrate to your library. In any case, I bet you still wouldn't want a subscription service to BSM (you would lose access once you stop subscribing)... you would want to own it. Right? 

Page 7 of 8 (148 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS