Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 8:52 PM

KPK:
With the subscription, I know that I get add-ons or additional features so when the crossgrade comes out, do I have to purchase the crossgrades in order to -keep- my features on the software?

One added point in this discussion is that Logos will likely not offer everything from Now in a crossgrade.  Initially I had thought that they were, but ran into posts that said they would likely not.  Sry, don't have link to those right now.  But the point would be that some benefits would not be had with the purchase of a crossgrade (at whatever pricepoint--dynamic or not, we don't know how that will play out).  So if you quite Now, but purchase a cross grade with L7, you would get some of the features, but likely not all. And we do not know what that will be/not be.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 8:56 PM

Jesse Blevins:

Any thoughts about my Above suggestion? 

It's a fair suggestion, but likely Logos could respond that its customers already get free books--Logos monthly free book (and then from Verbum and Orthodox, I've seen), not to mention the Vyrso freebies.  So, you already get those, 8.99 is a no brainer then, eh?  Wink  doesn't hurt to ask.  I know that I take advantage of any free books I get--and my "purchase" of those also drives me to the website and I often purchase other books . . . so, who know, maybe you are on to something! 

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1429
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 1:41 PM

Tony Thomas:

As someone who uses a Chromebook quite a bit, I find the Logos Now concept quite intriguing.  However, I am more interested in improved web functionality rather than cutting edge features and the latest data sets.  From what I understand, the new web site is in its primordial stage and isn't worth an investment of $9 a month.  As a result, I am sitting on the fence.

Why doesn't Logos?:

- Offer a 3 month trial period instead of 1 month to attract users to it while it develops?

- Break up the offerings into two.  One would be just the web site for $3-4 a month and the other one can be the new features plus the web site.  Call it Logos Now and Logos Now Plus.

Logos Now doesn't interest me now, if there are other features developed I might be interested. I am interested in whatever this systematic theology project is......

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 6:36 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

Tony Thomas:

As someone who uses a Chromebook quite a bit, I find the Logos Now concept quite intriguing.  However, I am more interested in improved web functionality rather than cutting edge features and the latest data sets.  From what I understand, the new web site is in its primordial stage and isn't worth an investment of $9 a month.  As a result, I am sitting on the fence.

Why doesn't Logos?:

- Offer a 3 month trial period instead of 1 month to attract users to it while it develops?

- Break up the offerings into two.  One would be just the web site for $3-4 a month and the other one can be the new features plus the web site.  Call it Logos Now and Logos Now Plus.

Logos Now doesn't interest me now, if there are other features developed I might be interested. I am interested in whatever this systematic theology project is......

Me too and eager to get started!

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 11:27 PM

The nice thing is that it is here if we need it. If we need a feature etc. we can subscribe and use it. If we don't need it anymore we simple cancel it.

The cool thing is that whenever we subscribe we get full access to whatever Logos Now offers at that time. If I subscribe in a year I'll get much more content than today. But most likely for the same price.

The bottom line is, it is a service.

Posts 2951
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 22 2015 7:08 AM

Jesse Blevins:

Any thoughts about my Above suggestion? 

I can only speak for myself, but the only subscription that I would ever consider is a subscription to books or journals.  I have absolutely no interest in paying a monthly fee for improved Bible software functions.  Never, ever.  I will buy Bible software that works, but I will not pay a monthly fee for it.  I might for books, if the books were of real value to me. 

Of course, everyone's needs and desires are different.  So Logos Now might be a big success.  I will stick with Logos Was.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 8
Thomas Carpenter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2015 12:31 PM

That's what's so sad. I also use WordSearch and I've been able to access all my resources in it for a long time using MyStudyBible.com. Hopefully this Web App will get us there with Logos resources soon (I mostly just use WordSearch for the CBL (Complete Biblical Library) resources as I've had those books for years and it's nice to have the electronically now since I am more of a majority text fella). Of course Biblia.com gives us the books, but I would love to have the application features online. We'll see how well they can do that.

David Taylor Jr:

KPK:

Could someone explain to me what the website is for? Why need the web when we have the software? Thanks! 

currently I am at work and would love to look stuff up, but can't. That's why :)

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 1:16 AM

I'm still a little confused. What's the difference between the Web app and Biblia?

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 25965
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 1:55 AM

Cynthia Tucker:
I'm still a little confused. What's the difference between the Web app and Biblia?

The Web app will provide much more functionality as it is developed.

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 7:45 AM

Thomas Carpenter:

That's what's so sad. I also use WordSearch and I've been able to access all my resources in it for a long time using MyStudyBible.com. Hopefully this Web App will get us there with Logos resources soon (I mostly just use WordSearch for the CBL (Complete Biblical Library) resources as I've had those books for years and it's nice to have the electronically now since I am more of a majority text fella). Of course Biblia.com gives us the books, but I would love to have the application features online. We'll see how well they can do that.

David Taylor Jr:

KPK:

Could someone explain to me what the website is for? Why need the web when we have the software? Thanks! 

currently I am at work and would love to look stuff up, but can't. That's why :)

I can currently do that with my Logos library and Biblia or bible.faithlife.com. I want passage searches, notes, etc....

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS