Mega-spreadsheet: Compare base package levels for Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 12 2015 5:45 PM

It's a pain not being able to compare the different levels of base package. For example, although you can compare Anglican Bronze to Anglican Silver, you can't compare it to Baptist Bronze. Well, now you can! Here's a mega-spreadsheet that compares all of the different base packages, by level. (There's also a second sheet where you can compare by family. Look for the tab at the bottom of the sheet.)

You can view it online, or download it to Excel.

It's fairly clever, so should be correct even when different base packages use different names to describe the same resource. Which they do. A lot. But it's not foolproof, so if one base package lists 6 resources separately, and another base packages lists them as one item with 6 volumes, then the spreadsheet won't know they're the same. Don't blame me, blame the product managers Stick out tongue.

Posts 2579
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 6:51 PM

Big SmileYes

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 6:56 PM

Thank you.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5434
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 6:56 PM

What's in column B?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 8:16 PM

David Paul:

What's in column B?

good question!  was trying to figure that out myself...rank by acquisition?  popularity?  how many more logos needs to sell of that title before they break even?  Stick out tongue

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 8:51 PM

Friedrich:

David Paul:

What's in column B?

good question!  was trying to figure that out myself...rank by acquisition?  popularity?  how many more logos needs to sell of that title before they break even?  Stick out tongue

I don't know but I have contributed a substantial amount- my next upgrade should be FREE- AND I MEAN L7 COLLECTION Stick out tongue

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 9:05 PM

That is awesome...

Would love to add this to the other one, can add permissions for you to edit it, or else Randy can.

Having this on there, and added also to the omnibus page would be fantastic!

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 19357
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 9:07 PM

This is nice, but it should be integrated into the Google Docs mega-spreadsheet that already existed to compare base package levels for past versions of Logos including Logos 6 (though the L6 packages weren't merged onto a single sheet like this one):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ByXIGWq4UmnLeiGsoq3PeCJKanlJBYAVQWdeoqD9SOc/edit#gid=557259197 

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 9:53 PM

David Paul:

What's in column B?

Those are the resource numbers.

Great job, Mark!

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 5434
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 10:11 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

David Paul:

What's in column B?

That's what I suspected, but I wanted to confirm.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 25476
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 11:08 PM

Hi Mark, nice work

Mark Barnes:

It's a pain not being able to compare the different levels of base package. For example, although you can compare Anglican Bronze to Anglican Silver, you can't compare it to Baptist Bronze. 

But actually  you can

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 2:54 AM

Scott E. Mahle:

David Paul:

What's in column B?

Technically, they're product numbers. (Products are what you buy, resources are what ends up in your library. A single product is often made up of more than one resource.)

You can use the numbers to find the product more easily. Just go to https://www.logos.com/product/PRODUCTNUM

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 2:59 AM

Graham Criddle:
But actually  you can

Doh! How did I miss that? It certainly wasn't there last time I did a base-package comparison. (Off-topic: That compare screen would be much more useful if you could actually see the greyed out dots!)

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 3:01 AM

abondservant:
That is awesome...

Would love to add this to the other one, can add permissions for you to edit it, or else Randy can.

Having this on there, and added also to the omnibus page would be fantastic!

I know, but I'm afraid I haven't got the patience to manually line up all the products. (I did mine mostly through coding.) You're welcome to copy/paste mine into yours if you like, though.

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 1:48 PM

Your two pages are now added.

Do you think it would be possible to use a script to add your items to the omnibus page on the original spreadsheet?

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 7:12 PM

Mark Barnes:

Graham Criddle:
But actually  you can

Doh!

priceless!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 96
Rick J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 2:47 PM

Thank you Mark!

Excellent work, very useful.

Posts 3
Wayne Hodges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 11:24 AM

Mark Barnes:

Here's a mega-spreadsheet that compares all of the different base packages, by level. (There's also a second sheet where you can compare by family. Look for the tab at the bottom of the sheet.)

You can view it online, or download it to Excel.

Clicking through the link it appears that the resource is no longer uploaded on to the OneDrive account. I'm aware that it is possible to compare via the online tool between the packages. Although it would be handy having the capacity being able to do so with a spreadsheet. Is the Mega Spreadsheet still available?

Thanks,

Wayne

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 9:39 PM

I don't think its been updated for 7. Randy Sims would be the guy to talk to about its location.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS