Buy Gift Vouchers Online

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 31
Jonty | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 9 2009 8:33 AM

Again and again I have heard the suggestion of buying logos gift vouchers from a sales rep the key reasons given have been:

1. to help save money up for items on pre-pub., it can be used as a sort of prepayment plan so the money is there ready rather than having to fork out $1000 in one go.

2. Buying gift vouchers is an excellent idea and brilliant for those of us who live outside the US as it gives us the ability to lock in an exchange rate when it is good!

3. If friends or family don't know what to buy you for Christmas or a birthday or want to bless you at another time they could potentially buy you a gift voucher (not 100% if this can yet happen, but would be great if it could?!)

4. Similar to above, for pastors who receive a book allowance, this could be converted into logos gift vouchers.

The problem is the present setup of aquiring these gift vouchers. It would be fantastic if either I or a friend or family could simply click on a link on the logos homepage, type in the logos username of the person they wish to buy a gift voucher for, click on the amount of the gift and then pay using a credit card or paypal. The person receiving the gift voucher then receives an e-mail informing them of the gift and there is a tab alongside orders/prepub/etc on their account giving them information of any gift vouchers they have received.

I hope if there is enougth people who support me in this suggestion Logos Sales Staff  may see the business advantage of bringing this in.

Shalom Jonty

My website: http://www.mackwell.co.nr/ the website of the missionary organization: http://www.wec-int.org/cms/ 

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 8:35 AM
Please o please o please o please! Then I can just send the link to everyone who asks, "what do you want for ____________"

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 10:30 AM

Yes, that would really help saving for Logos books.

As a webmaster I could also collect money with a link on my website.  Up until now I only asked for Monergism.com gift certificates - for purchasing printed books.

Perhaps, I can now collect Logos money, too :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 2
MarkMcDaniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 11:11 AM

Yes, this would solve many gift related problems around birthday and Christmas times. 

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 12:42 PM

As an overseas customer (Manchester, UK), I would heartily agree with this suggestion.

Also, a facility for an Amazon-style wishlist wouldn't go amiss so that I can more easily keep tabs on must buys and circulate to friends and family...

...just a tentative suggestion!

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 2:58 PM

Hi, Thanks for this. Please also look at a very similar thread on the forum found here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/684/6412.aspx#6412

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2009 6:04 AM

Just a thought! I wonder how often Logos monitor these forums. Are we just talking between ourselves, 'in the dark' - or is anyone with clout listening?

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2009 3:37 PM
they monitor all the forums and all comments... they just cannot reply to everything.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1698
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2009 6:38 PM

We really, really want gift vouchers, too. And customer service credits, and various other things. These things bring up some complicated ecommerce engine and accounting issues, though, which we're still working through It's all absolutely "on the list" -- and I want it more than anyone! -- but it'll probably be early next year before it's implemented.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2009 3:21 AM

Thanks Bob! That's really great news. Please try and keep in mind a fair system for all users including those over seas.

Ps. I knew you were listening really!

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2009 1:11 PM
Bob Pritchett:
It's all absolutely "on the list" -- and I want it more than anyone! -- but it'll probably be early next year before it's implemented.
Once again thanks Bob, just knowing it's "on the list" should be enough to keep me settled on the matter for awhile. Perhaps two whole weeks! ;-)

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2009 1:13 PM
Stephen Thorp:

Just a thought! I wonder how often Logos monitor these forums. Are we just talking between ourselves, 'in the dark' - or is anyone with clout listening?

There now, you don't get much more clout than the president reading and responding do you?

Check the Wiki

Posts 50
Joe Gschwandtner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:14 AM

A related feature I'd really like to see would be an Amazon-style wishlist. I currently build my own via Favorites in my browser, but having one online would be much better. Beyond that, my wife just gave me some books for my birthday, but she wasn't very pleased that I ended up with the confirmation e-mails. So if the wishlist could be public (i.e., shared with e-mail addresses x and y), and then someone could buy something for you, and set a date when you get it without you knowing beforehand, that would be perfect. I do want to be able to drop a wishlist item into a shopping cart as well, though.

Posts 2963
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 10:22 AM

Bob Pritchett:

it'll probably be early next year before it's implemented.

Can you rush it and make it before Christmas?

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 34
Scott Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 3:28 AM

This should be in the "no brainer" catagory...

Soli Deo Gloria,

Scott

www.redeemerbfc.org

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 5:22 AM

Bob Pritchett:

it'll probably be early next year before it's implemented.

Sounds good enough to me :-) Looking forward to seeing it implemented

lj.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 31
Jonty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:04 AM

As we are now heading towards Easter I thought I might make a little prod and see if there has been any progress at the Logos end on this.

It would be fantastic to be able to receive a Logos gift voucher credit from a friend or relative instead of an easter egg!

My website: http://www.mackwell.co.nr/ the website of the missionary organization: http://www.wec-int.org/cms/ 

Posts 25
Wonderer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 2:39 PM

I will also be excited for this option! ...as for the wishlist, you can already add logos items to wishlists at many other sites (like amazon).  That wouldn't have the cool feature of an item being automatically activated on a certain date, but it does mean that your list can be accessible for others to use.

One idea for the meantime:

It would be nice if they could make a simple page with step-by-stp instructions on how to purchase gift vouchers via telephone.  no new system, just instuctions for the current method.

Then, I could add the instructions page as an item on my Amazon wishlist!  (adding the logos.com homepage, I think, would just confuse people.)

- Travis

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:30 PM

Can you provide an update on this workstream?  Thanks in advance

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 2:53 PM

Tony Kan:

Can you provide an update on this workstream?  Thanks in advance

The most recent indications are that it's high on the list.  But nobody outside of Logos knows how high or how close.

Check the Wiki

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS