The Works Gordon H Clark

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 24 2010 1:11 PM

I would love to see the works of Gordon H Clark hit the logos format....

Posts 2836
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 1:14 PM

YesStar. You beat me to this suggestion, a thousand times YES!

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 1:15 PM

I saw the Gordon Fee suggestion and it reminded me of Clark Big Smile

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 4:31 PM

Please, PLEASE get these into Logos!!!

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 4:31 PM

Please, PLEASE get these into Logos!!!

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 8:50 PM

Glad to see others interested in Gordon Clark.Big Smile

Posts 6
Jazanias Oliveira | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 1:58 PM

Please!

Gordon Haddon Clark is a must! Big Smile

Posts 35
Monty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 2:14 PM

Triple yes!      for Gordon Clark....yes...YES...'YES!!!

Posts 33
Chris Burrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:26 PM

This also gets my vote!  I was just searching for any Gordon H. Clark available and found this thread instead. 

Too bad there isn't a collection yet (or a single book!) but it sure would be helpful if his works were available in Logos!

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:28 PM

I wanted to bump this old thread because I'd like these resources. No Gordon Clark material available in Logos still. Come on, this was one of the Great Christian philosophers/apologist of the twentieth century.

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 4:52 PM

Kent:

I wanted to bump this old thread because I'd like these resources. No Gordon Clark material available in Logos still. Come on, this was one of the Great Christian philosophers/apologist of the twentieth century.

Yes

FWIW:  Several of these titles are now available as e-books at http://www.trinitylectures.org/books-c-35.html 

And, even though it is not authored by Clark, I would also highly recommend Hoeksema's The Clark-Van Til Controversy.  Foundational to understanding Clark (and Van Til), imo.  http://www.trinitylectures.org/clark-van-til-controversy-the-p-67.html  Even if you do not agree with the positions of Clark and Hoeksema, you will be challenged theologically w/r to hard/soft determinism, the free offer, etc. ... perhaps as you have never been challenged before.  So put down the tambourine, stop the Kumbya choruses and the group hugs, and pick up a copy of this gem (hopefully in Logos someday) and dive in with your thinking cap on.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:01 PM

JRS:

Kent:

Yes

FWIW:  Several of these titles are now available as e-books at http://www.trinitylectures.org/books-c-35.html 

And, even though it is not authored by Clark, I would also highly recommend Hoeksema's The Clark-Van Til Controversy.  Foundational to understanding Clark (and Van Til), imo.  http://www.trinitylectures.org/clark-van-til-controversy-the-p-67.html  Even if you do not agree with the positions of Clark and Hoeksema, you will be challenged theologically w/r to hard/soft determinism, the free offer, etc. ... perhaps as you have never been challenged before.  So put down the tambourine, stop the Kumbya choruses and the group hugs, and pick up a copy of this gem (hopefully in Logos someday) and dive in with your thinking cap on.

I had to track down a second hand copy from the States in order to read this and very interesting it was too. I am not sure that I agree with Frame that "neither man was at his best and neither quite understood the other's position" but they definitely generated more heat than light. I too would like this in Logos.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:26 PM

JRS:

Kent:

Yes

Thanks, I have read some on The Clark-Van Til Controversy and found it worth exploring. Logos supplies much of Van Til's work with the Higher Base Packages, too bad they don't offer Clark. I was told his work on the nature of evil was hands down the best there is.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 8:06 PM

Still no Clark!

I will have to buy outside of Logos again. In addition to Clark, I think this will be the next -Here.

Posts 7
Christopher Windham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 5:32 PM

Has this project reached the ear of Logos?

Posts 514
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 7:18 PM

Clark would be a valuable addition to Logos.

Posts 7
Christopher Windham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 5:55 PM

How do you suggest a book(s) be published in a Logos format?  Is this the forum for that?  If so, how do you know if Logos is considering or will ever consider it? 

Posts 3054
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 8:41 PM

Christopher Windham:

How do you suggest a book(s) be published in a Logos format?  Is this the forum for that?  If so, how do you know if Logos is considering or will ever consider it? 

This is the correct forum for suggestions.

The only way to know if someone saw it is if a FL employee responds. This is more likely to happen in a particular denominational/theology forum than this forum, as some of the FL employees assigned to those groups are more hands-on and interactive.

Have you cross-posted this in the Reformed forum, for example?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 7
Christopher Windham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 8:48 PM

No, I will try that. Thanks.

Posts 2123
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 9:10 PM

We've reached out to the folks at the Trinity Foundation a couple of times, but they're not currently interested. John Robbins used to run TF. He was interested, but wanted to wait until they finished getting everything published. He's since passed away, and his son wasn't interested last time I reached out.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS