[resolved] Another Notes issue :(

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Galen Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 22 2015 7:42 AM

I thought an earlier post (Notes issue) had provided the solution to my quandary. Though it may have been on topic, I found out it wasn't quite the answer :(

I have inadvertently done something to limit my highlighting options with my notes. I have clicked something somewhere in the process and I don't know what it was!

Previously, if I had wanted to add a note to my Romans document from Romans 8.6 which I have captured, here..

I would "right-click" on the highlighted text to bring up options for my intentions and I would choose "Add a note to Romans." Notice the selection in the upper right-hand corner is only the portion of the scripture I selected, not the entire verse, manuscript, lemma, root, morph, Greek or Louw-Nida.

The text I selected is added to my Romans document

Ordinarily at this point I would decide if and what kind of highlighting and/or symbol I would like for the text in my Bible, for with a quick glance I would know if there was an attached note or cross reference, etc. With this in mind I would click on the default yellow sticky note for the options

Like I said, until recently I had a slew of options, but now these, seemingly, are the only options available:

However, if I go to "Tools," and select "Highlighting"

I have the normal selection of options for highlighting, symbols, etc.

Can anyone help walk me through what I have done and what I need to do? Thank you so much!

Galen

Posts 27
Galen Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 22 2015 7:45 AM

I had copied and pasted screen shots to show the steps I took, but they did not transfer with the post (???). So if anyone can still follow my train of thought, though it would seem difficult WITHOUT THE PICTURES, I deeply appreciate any help....... Galen

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 22 2015 8:05 AM

Galen Murray:
So if anyone can still follow my train of thought, though it would seem difficult WITHOUT THE PICTURES, I deeply appreciate any help

To be honest, I am multitasking and it was difficult to understand your question... the pictures might help. 

To attach a picture to a post, use the paperclip icon in the formatting pallet. Make sure to use a .jpg or .png. If you don't know how to take screen shots, see this link: http://www.howtotakeascreenshot.org 

Also, is this an L6 issue? This thread will be moved to the appropriate forum (i.e. L5, L6, iOS, etc.)

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 23960
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 22 2015 9:34 AM

Galen Murray:
Ordinarily at this point I would decide if and what kind of highlighting and/or symbol I would like for the text in my Bible, for with a quick glance I would know if there was an attached note or cross reference, etc. With this in mind I would click on the default yellow sticky note for the options

As above some screenshots would be helpful

But it sounds as though you may be creating the note "by reference" as opposed to "by selection"

Alternatively you might be experiencing the problem discussed at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/103292/716398.aspx#716398 

Posts 27
Galen Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2015 10:40 AM

Alabama - Graham Criddle was dead on pointing me to a text formatting discussion with the same issue. I'm sorry for the confusing post earlier. I used Grab to select screen shots and pasted them into my post (beautifully, I might add Wink - if only you could see them). Boy was I horrified when they didn't appear in the post.

Again, thank you for your help

Galen

Posts 27
Galen Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2015 10:43 AM

Graham - you're pretty sharp. I looked over the text formatting discussion you suggested and am confident I'm experiencing the same issue documented there. Also, it was nice to read Logos has discovered a bug and I hope it will be fixed soon! Thanks for your great help.

Galen

Posts 19121
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2015 11:26 AM

Galen, unfortunately you cannot simply copy and paste to get pictures into posts, as the forum software does not support that (even though it will happily let you paste into a post you're composing; it probably shouldn't). You need to save the screenshots on your hard disk first and then insert them (by filename) into the post using the paperclip icon. They will go in at the point where your insertion point is (the blinking caret), not as generic attachments.

Posts 27
Galen Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2015 4:27 PM

Rosie, it's interesting you mention this and ties in well with the excitement I had when the post on the text formatting issue matched what I was experiencing. After the shock of seeing my original post sans the screenshots, I said, "Now I look like a dufus." I began to try to post again Moving my screenshots to my desktop screen and, using the paperclip function, I opted for a screenshot from my desktop and inserted in the text of the followup. Instead of my screenshot appearing when I clicked in the text, an active hyperlink appeared. At that point, I didn't know what I had and I gave up. I was sorely afraid of another wacky post. All this to say, when Graham pointed me to another forum discussion on the same topic, I was so relieved!

Anyway, all seems good now. It is nice to have so many knowledgeable people ready to assist us. Maybe we will "meet" here in the forum again. Thank you. 

Posts 19121
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2015 5:43 PM

Galen Murray:
 I began to try to post again Moving my screenshots to my desktop screen and, using the paperclip function, I opted for a screenshot from my desktop and inserted in the text of the followup. Instead of my screenshot appearing when I clicked in the text, an active hyperlink appeared. At that point, I didn't know what I had and I gave up. I was sorely afraid of another wacky post.

Can't quite figure out what could be happening that makes it not work for you. There will possibly be other times when you need to insert a screenshot, so I hope you can get it sorted out. The instructions for how to do it are pretty straightforward, and it looks like you were doing it right (review the steps listed at the bottom of this page under "Uploading Screenshot to the Forum" to be sure: https://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot). Sometimes just trying again in a fresh post works wonders.

Galen Murray:
All this to say, when Graham pointed me to another forum discussion on the same topic, I was so relieved!

Glad to hear you got your answer. And happy to help, even though I wasn't directly involved in solving your issue this time. Next time, perhaps...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS