Shortcut for "Next Search Result" (F3 on L3)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:52 PM

I have spent some time trying to find the “Next Search Result “ (F3 in Libronix3) shortcut but for Logos4.

Thank you in advance

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:58 PM

EDIT: Doesn't look like anyone else has found one, either....

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Windows

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:04 PM

Michael, I believe this was added in 4.0b (which is still in beta) and isn't yet available in the released versions. But in 4.0b you can do "Next Search Result" using Alt+Down or by clicking the "Next" button (Down Arrow) after selecting "Search Result" from the dropdown on the locator bar:

Bill, Alt+Down for "next" does show up in the keyboard shortcuts list you linked to, but it's not very clear from that documentation just exactly what "next" does -- it depends on what is selected in that dropdown. Could be next Article, next Book, next Chapter, next Verse, or next Filter Highlight.

EDIT: Actually, since Alt+Down it is documented on the Logos website, I bet it does work in already released versions (4.0 and 4.0a). Give it a try and let us know. I'm using 4.0b Beta 5, so I can't check prior versions.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:15 PM

Rosie Perera:

Bill, Alt+Down for "next" does show up in the keyboard shortcuts list you linked to, but it's not very clear from that documentation just exactly what "next" does -- it depends on what is selected in that dropdown. Could be next Article, next Book, next Chapter, next Verse, or next Filter Highlight.

Thanks, Rosie!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:34 PM

Rosie Perera:
EDIT: Actually, since Alt+Down it is documented on the Logos website, I bet it does work in already released versions (4.0 and 4.0a). Give it a try and let us know. I'm using 4.0b Beta 5, so I can't check prior versions.

I tried it on 4.0a SR 3 and alt down just dropped me down to the next chapter.

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:48 PM

Kevin Becker:

Rosie Perera:

I tried it on 4.0a SR 3 and alt down just dropped me down to the next chapter.

Navigation by chapter (i.e., article) is all that is supported in 4.0a; you will have to wait for 4.0b to navigate up/down by verse, book, search result, highlight, etc.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 7:23 AM

Bradley Grainger:
Navigation by chapter (i.e., article) is all that is supported in 4.0a; you will have to wait for 4.0b to navigate up/down by verse, book, search result, highlight, etc.

I figured as much. I had to run a remote desktop to my 4.0a installation since I wrote the post from my laptop with a 4.0b installation on it.

Posts 28
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 3:48 PM

Do we have the “Next Search Result “ (F3 in Libronix3) already?

Thank you

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 4:01 PM

Michael:

Do we have the “Next Search Result “ (F3 in Libronix3) already?

Thank you

Michael, as mentioned in the thread above, it's Alt+DownArrow in Logos 4. EDIT: It has been working since 4.0b. The current version is 4.1 SR-4.

Cheers. Smile

Posts 28
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 9:30 PM

Nope, it isnt working for me. I have a word in my search field and my favorite bible open. Then I go down to my "bible results" if I use Alt+down, it doesnt jump to the next result but it goes to the next chapter or heading but not the verse like we had in L3. Thanks any way

Any other idea? Thank you

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 10:01 PM

Michael:
I have a word in my search field and my favorite bible open. Then I go down to my "bible results" if I use Alt+down, it doesnt jump to the next result but it goes to the next chapter

i am not sure i understand what you are trying. But if i do (trying to use Alt Downarrow to move to next search result from the Search tool in your Bible), then you need to set the navigation type in the navigation list. Then the Alt Downarrow will move you to the next Search word in your Bible

(you can click on the image above to enlarge it in another window)

You can also see how to do this in the wiki Search Navigation choice

If you do not see the Locator bar, then see I don’t see the Locator bar

Once that you set the Navigation to Search Result in the Locator bar, then you can use the keyboard to move between search results in your Bible. see Navigating using the keyboard

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 28
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 6:49 AM

cool! Big Smile finally. I had the location bar closed that's why I couldnt see the arrowsGeeked. Thanks so much Yes

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 5:05 PM

Is there any word on when and if they will implement the F3 search behavior that was found in L3 (you were able to have a list of search results from various resources and press F3 to have each one open in succession as you see them listed on the search screen- in other words instead of clicking on each link all you had to do was press F3)

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 5:45 PM

Tim Engwer:

Is there any word on when and if they will implement the F3 search behavior that was found in L3 (you were able to have a list of search results from various resources and press F3 to have each one open in succession as you see them listed on the search screen- in other words instead of clicking on each link all you had to do was press F3)

They don't publicize their long list of hundreds of small features and enhancements that they're planning to do, so we have no idea whether this is on their list. All they let us know about is major "missing features" they are still planning to implement. Sometimes they'll respond to a post on the forum saying "that's coming in version XX.X" but I don't recall seeing any response on this one.

The best way to put forward a suggestion to Logos in a way that they can gauge user interest and give us feedback as to when/whether they are going to implement it is to post it on UserVoice and vote for it there. Also post back here a link to that UserVoice item once you've entered it, so you can direct others to it to vote on it too.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS