[ACK] Bug 6.3 beta 3: Metadata not downloading for newly acquired resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 2 2015 5:48 AM

From another post, it seems that metadata is not requested for newly downloaded resources. Under the previous update model, resources would be added at a restart, and shortly after all restarts, a metadata update would be triggered. Thus adding new resources always indirectly triggered a metadata update.

Under the new model, resources can be added at any time, and therefore they are not always followed by a metadata update. This can cause problems, as noted by the post linked to above.

I suggest that after a resource has been installed, Logos should request a metadata update.

Posts 2362
LogosEmployee

Thanks. I've created a case for this problem.

Posts 26027
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 10:24 PM

How is this progressing, Andrew?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2362
LogosEmployee

The fix for this will not make it into 6.3, as there are too many risks with the required changes to put it in this late in the beta cycle. It's currently the #2 item on my list to work on (unless other high priority issues come up).

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 10:10 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

The fix for this will not make it into 6.3, as there are too many risks with the required changes to put it in this late in the beta cycle. It's currently the #2 item on my list to work on (unless other high priority issues come up).

This has been fixed in 6.5 Beta 1. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS