Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 237
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 9:14 AM

I agree. It would probably more practical than the work from some cemetery proff. Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 9:22 AM

George Somsel:
How about "Duck Commander"?  Wink

God can do a lot with a Spirit-filled "loser."   Person

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 237
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 9:58 AM

But I think to call the Duck Commanders losers is a bit ....... I'd bet you'd like their spiritual influence, fame, and maybe money

Posts 5458
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 10:35 AM

Denise:

you'd find more unfulfilled predictions than fulfilled; both testaments.

I'm not sure I can agree with that. I know there are thousands of fulfilled prophecies, though they are mostly unrecognized--granted, I count them in very discrete elements, since that is typically how they are presented. There are hundreds and maybe thousands that are being fulfilled as we type, but that effectively means they have already been fulfilled as well, since for many in this category, it is merely the recognition of the prophecies for what they are that is necessary to constitute fulfillment. Certainly, many remain to be fulfilled in actions that have yet to occur, but I'm not sure those equal the number of the other two categories.

To be clear, I'm speaking about prophecy as YHWH's fundamental method of communication, whether in light or dark prophecies. "Prediction" is certainly part of that, but mostly, prophecy is the communication of His will in figuratively literal or literally figurative ways. [The first of these may make more sense to people, since "literally" literally doesn't mean what people think it means...but that's a different topic.]

And then there are the prophecies that are only recognizable in the Hebrew...that would inflate the number tremendously.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 10:42 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:
I'm so glad Christ collected a bunch of "losers" and filled them to turn the world upside down. My point is that scripture is a lot simpler than academia often makes it out to be.

Must object to the popular meme, that the disciples were losers - a mix of successful buisiness owners and educated men seems more indicated.

Of course we are all lost apart from Christ Jesus.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 5458
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 10:45 AM

JAL:

Rick Ratzlaff:
I'm so glad Christ collected a bunch of "losers" and filled them to turn the world upside down. My point is that scripture is a lot simpler than academia often makes it out to be.

Must object to the popular meme, that the disciples were losers - a mix of successful buisiness owners and educated men seems more indicated.

I agree strongly on this point, though Mark does emphasize their almost total cluelessness regarding what was happening around them. But YHWH was working out many dark prophecies through Yeishuu`a, so it is hard to be hard on them.

So clueless...yes. Losers...no.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 5458
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 6:59 PM

David Paul:
I know there are thousands of fulfilled prophecies, though they are mostly unrecognized--granted, I count them in very discrete elements, since that is typically how they are presented.

This post by MJ gives a taste of what I'm talking about (the Scriptural, non-rabbinic examples, to be specific). I used some of these examples in the book I'm working on now for the purpose of establishing that most prophecy in the Bible is focused on the time of the end, which is established even through these already fulfilled mini-prophecies. People use terms like "types" and whatnot, but they are prophetic, thematic references that drip from virtually every sentence and pericope to build even greater themes as the witness progresses through time, steadily building from Genesis to Revelation to our present day.

I'm not sure how Logos could pull this off. Prophecy itself effectively declares that any effort in this direction would be shallow and diminished until "the appointed time" of the Big Reveal. But I guess it doesn't hurt to at least get started on the process, if Logos wants to take on such a project.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS