Help, new resources not staying in list

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2010 9:57 PM

I have the Bible Study edition and just purchased Wiersbe's "Be Amazed" and "Be Resolute" commentaries.  When I search Malachi 1:1-5 from the home page to go to the Passage Guide, I get a saved version (apparently) of the PG from a study I was doing before purchasing the resources.  If I refresh the PG, the new resource shows up...but then if I close everything, close Logos, and then come back and search the same passage again, it once again reverts to the "saved" PG that is missing the "Be Amazed" commentary until I once again refresh the guide.

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to make sure the new resource is always included in the list of commentaries for the passage and not only included after refreshing? The new resources have been indexed and I've done a "merge index".  I've also prioritized the entire "Be" series.

Posts 19693
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:13 PM

You can delete the old saved PG by doing a new PG on a larger range of verses that includes Malachi 1:1-5; then you will see at the top of the new PG "See Also Passage Guide <date>" (with the date the old PG was saved). Just hover the mouse over the title of it (here it's just the default Passage Guide, but you might have named it something else) or the date, and a red circle with an X in it will show up. Click on this X and it will delete the saved PG.

It's a bit convoluted, and we wish there were a better way to see a list of your existing saved PGs to be able to delete some of them. And we've requested such. But for now this is what you have to do.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:22 PM

Perfect, thanks! Hmm...that needs to be a bit more intuitive. :-)

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:26 PM

So is there a way to view and potentially delete all saved Passage Guides easily?

Posts 19693
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:36 PM

Ronald S Keyston Jr:

So is there a way to view and potentially delete all saved Passage Guides easily?

Not "intuitively" yet, though as I mentioned we've requested it and I hope they add it in a future release. You can see a list of all saved Passage Guides by running a Passage Guide on the entire Bible, and your saved PGs will show up under the My Content section (though you can't delete them from here; however once you find them from here you'll know where you need to hone in to use the method I mentioned above for deleting saved guides). Since running a full PG on the whole Bible could take a LOOOONG time, I suggest you create a custom PG with just the "My Content" section in it and nothing else.

Like you and I have both said, this is not intuitive nor easy, so I really hope Logos adds a simple way to see a list of all your saved guides from which you can delete ones you don't need anymore.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 12:42 PM

Rosie Perera:
Not "intuitively" yet, though as I mentioned we've requested it and I hope they add it in a future release.

Oops, sorry...guess I didn't see the second half of your reply below the screenshot.  Glad that it has been requested, that would be nice to have.  Thanks again for the info!

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 4:14 PM

Rosie Perera:
I really hope Logos adds a simple way to see a list of all your saved guides from which you can delete ones you don't need anymore.

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS