Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
David E. Prince | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 8 2015 6:10 PM

Hello all,

For some reason I am having difficulty opening my Logos software on my Mac. When I click on Logos the word "Logos" comes up in the top left-hand corner but nothing else happens. I called customer service, and he had me open Activity Monitor, force close Logos, and then it should work when I try to reopen it. It didn't. Any other ideas?

Posts 9297
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 7:46 PM

David, I wonder if what you are seeing is a very small minimized copy of the program?

If you get the program to do this again does your Mac (I'm a PC user so am not familiar with what you might see) have an indication (on the PC it is on the task bar) that Logos is running?

If you see an indication Logos is running the problem is to maximize the program it so you can utilize it. On a PC you can right click on the little bit of Logos you can see and select Maximize. Do you get such an option by trying this?

Another thing you could try is to check the Properties menu for the Logos program. On a PC I can right click on the Logos icon, select Properties, and then I see a Run option where I can choose to run it minimized, maximized, or in a normal window. Mine opens in a normal window. Again, on a Mac your options would be different I assume, but similar.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 25872
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 1:16 AM

David,

Are you running Logos for Mac 1? Is there any reason you cannot upgrade to Logos 6 for free?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:08 AM

David E. Prince:
Any other ideas?

Welcome Big Smile

Please restart Mac followed by opening Logos.

If nothing happens again, would like to look at Logos diagnostic log files => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/report-problem

Note: Mac issues for Logos 6 are discussed in Logos 6 forum.

By the way, wiki mini FAQ has "Logos for Mac 1" information => https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Mac#Mini_FAQ that showed "Libronix DLS" in Apple menu bar.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS