How many programmers

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 18671
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 11:55 PM

Jack Hairston:

Bootjack:

Does anyone know how many programmers are there involved in making, fixing Logos? 

As a retired software engineer (our application had four million lines of code), I can tell you that there is a limit to the number of bodies you can throw at software problems. After a certain point, extra help makes more mess. For example, even if you gave me nine women, I couldn't give you a baby in a month.

Randy W. Sims:

The Mythical Man Month

Yes Yes

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 8:15 AM

Bootjack:

Dylan, we'll call this tomorrow - I found a few minutes to send in the log files after downloading the Logos Performance Tool. 

Just before sending it, I opened up a Layout, got the "not responding" message, then got the log file and sent it in. 

I would imagine this problem will be fixed by the Techs at Logos by May 14th 2015.  :-} 

Bootjack, I received your email, but it looks like you zipped only the LogosError.log file, which unfortunately doesn't have the needed information. Sad

After starting sampling with the Performance tool, reproducing the issue, and stopping sampling, you'll want to right click on the entire Logos Log Files folder, compress to zip, and email that. 

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 2:22 PM

Did you receive my second attempt at this Dylan?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 3:03 PM

Bootjack:

Did you receive my second attempt at this Dylan?

I did! I was in meetings this afternoon, but I have them and the correct files are in there. Smile I will pass them on to development for analysis, thanks for helping us track this down!

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 4:01 PM

Super! 

Posts 8021
LogosEmployee

Bootjack:
As to the Factbook / Community Tags, type in *Spirit* then go down to community tags and try opening up The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia / also the Lexham Bible Dictionary. These will not work.

We've deployed some fixes to the Community Tags service that should resolve this problem. I apologise for the delay in getting this fixed.

Posts 489
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 2:31 AM

Thank you Brad for moving this along. This fix is so much appreciated!  :-) 

Can one please explain this though. I've typed in "spirit" and notice for example, in the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia that it shows 54 results. It lists three to what I understand. It shows the following

1. Definition and Terms

C. Other New Testament References

1V. Development of the Doctrine. 

Why am I thinking there would be fifty four results listed there instead of three? Obviously I'm overlooking something, correct? 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 21939
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 3:34 AM

Bootjack:
Why am I thinking there would be fifty four results listed there instead of three? Obviously I'm overlooking something, correct? 

This is by design - see Bradley's comment at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/104272/720796.aspx#720796 

You can get the complete set by clicking the "Search Community Tags" button at the bottom of the section.

Posts 489
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 5:51 AM

Thanks Graham for your usual good help. Always appreciated. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS