[resolved] Not downloading

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 11 2015 3:42 PM

For the past few days everytime I start my Surface Pro 3 it says Logos is downloading 138.7 mb of updates yet never goes beyond 0%. Anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this?

Posts 30656
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 3:59 PM

Has the device had a restart? What specific version are you currently running? 

This thread will likely be moved to the L5 / L6 forum.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 4:04 PM

6.2.0.0043 sr-1. Yes I have restarted several times.

Posts 30656
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 4:18 PM

OK. Please enable logging, start logos, allow it to run for 20 minutes and get a "sample" log. See the appropriate platform link in my signature line to learn about logging. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 5:32 PM

Here is the log file, I think.

2148.Logos.zip

Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 5:45 PM

We need your log files folder (compressed) as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/report-problem

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 769
Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 12:24 AM

Ummm

The indexer log is missing. Make sure permanent logging is enabled (or that you always start Logos with the CTRL key)

Wait until the indexer has finished. The next time you get the notification let the Indexer run for about 30 min and then upload the log files folder.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:38 AM

It doesn't index, it does not move beyond 0% downloading.

Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:02 AM

We need the Indexer log to see what is happening as the Indexer does the downloading.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 2:47 AM

Delete the following file and restart Logos:

C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\szsjeaaw.0ku\UpdateManager\Updates.db

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 7:47 AM

Thank you but no luck. Still not progressing beyond 0% downloading. Question, should I also delete the Updates.db-journal file?

Posts 3073
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:41 AM

I recommend manually installing the current version (6.3) of the application: https://www.logos.com/install

Some significant changes were made to the way the application handles downloading and updating, and if the problem persists, it should be easier to diagnose with the new version. If the problem is the same after updating, please post a new set of log files.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 9:02 AM

Are you suggesting I uninstall and then reinstall? I thought about that but with 22,000 resources did not want to go through that headache of indexing again.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 9:06 AM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

Are you suggesting I uninstall and then reinstall? I thought about that but with 22,000 resources did not want to go through that headache of indexing again.

No, you don't have to uninstall. Manually downloading the installer and running it will put the new version in place of your current install, without removing your resources. It's the same as doing the automatic install, just you manually downloading instead of the application starting it for you.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 9:07 AM

Ok, thanks. Downloading now.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 9:18 AM

Sigh. After 10 minutes the Logos Bible Software Setup has made 0 progress in downloading. Getting frustrated.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 5:58 PM

So a Faithlife tech called me, thank you, and looked at my computer. He said I had a problem with my BITS, whatever that is, and said there was nothing he could do about it. BUT, during the conversation he mentioned that my computer thought it was always in power saver mode. I decided to see what I could do before taking the computer somewhere. I went into troubleshooting in the control panel and clicked on improve power usage. It found two errors and viola, its working! I don't remember your name but you did fix my problem without knowing it, thank you!

Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 6:52 PM

Alan, I'm pleased for you.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS