[resolved] Does Logos Yet Have a Resource Like Leedy That Has Sentence Diagrams of the Entire NT?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3052
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 14 2015 8:13 PM

If so, can you post a link? I can't find one with search.

If not, why not?

And if one of you out there has BW and can post a screenshot of the line diagram for John 6:44, I'd really appreciate it. I'm pretty new to diagramming, self-taught, and struggling with a few key verses.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 32110
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:10 PM

Yes, several ... look under clause visualizations for tree diagram format sentence diagrams. If you are relatively new I would suggest you learn the more universal tree format rather than the Kellogg-Reed which is designed specifically for English and doesn't fit well with modern linguistics ... although I will admit it is much more fun and is usable for those who grew up with it and want to stay with the familiar.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:22 PM

Doc B:
If so, can you post a link? I can't find one with search.

There a  few different ones available, but not all of them are available as a standalone product (some only included in base packages).

The OpenText one is available as a standalone product so HERE is the link.

I'm including a screenshot of Jn 6:44 in the OpenText as well as a couple others so that you can get a feel for what they're like.

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:24 PM

Doc B, 

I studied under Dr. Leedy for my M.A. Here's what I did with the verse: https://documents.logos.com/documents/c01433f5565640f28ad59c4cc0c29ccf/details

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:38 PM

Oh, I see MJ responded while I was getting/inserting screenshots and a link. Oh well, more's generally better when it comes to tips or help. Wink

Posts 3052
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 1:05 PM

Jonathan J Watson:

Exactly what I needed, Jonathan. I was struggling how to subordinate (right word?) the second sentence in the verse.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 3052
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 1:06 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Oh, I see MJ responded while I was getting/inserting screenshots and a link. Oh well, more's generally better when it comes to tips or help. Wink

Thanks for the screenshots, Reuben. I was looking for the line diagrams over the block diagrams, but your info is still helpful.

Posts 3052
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 1:08 PM

MJ. Smith:
look under clause visualizations for tree diagram format sentence diagrams

Thx for the reply, MJ. I am, at this point, really looking for traditional line diagrams, as I'm old enough to have done that type of diagramming in English class in grade school, and can follow it more easily. It may not fit with modern linguistics as well, but as I said, I'm self-taught and don't do new tricks as easily as when I was in the first half-century of my life.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS