Logos 6.3 (6.3.0.0038) now available

Page 4 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 70 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 27849
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 9:34 PM

Steven White:
can you confirm ...that uninstalling fonts only happens when a user upgrades from Logos 6.0 to 6.2 to 6.3? If a user has some of these fonts installed, and installs Logos 6.3 as a new Logos user, will the fonts be uninstalled?

Fonts are lost when Logos Prerequisites is uninstalled by v6.3 i.e. where Logos 4.x, Logos 5.x or Logos 6.0 - 6.2 is installed.

Therefore, installing v6.3 on a machine without a Logos installation will not affect installed fonts.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 12:22 PM

Thanks for this.  It works perfectly.  BTW - I tried the alternative easier route.

Posts 27849
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 4:11 PM

You shouldn't need this with v6.3 SR-1 relesed this week

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 8:27 AM

Thanks Dave,  I guess I am going to have to bookmark this page.  Keep having to correct this problem.  Seems odd that updates lead to steps backwards.  But thanks for the easier way.

Posts 23
James K Brackett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 8:29 AM

Had to do it today with the v.6.3 SR-2 - who knows about next week, hopefully they will get it right, and I had to do it with whatever update I had in May.

0056 an 0074.

Posts 27849
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 4:54 PM

James K Brackett:
Had to do it today with the v.6.3 SR-2

See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105737/735038.aspx#735038 for a solution using a PowerShell script.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2
Benjamin Turkalj | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 6:07 AM

Here we go again!  Going once more with the easy renaming of the file, but I may have to get more involved in this and do this Powershell thing though it is a little intimidating.

Don't know why this cannot be fixed long term though the problem might be some quirk in my system.

Posts 30474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 6:17 AM

Benjamin Turkalj:

Here we go again!  Going once more with the easy renaming of the file, but I may have to get more involved in this and do this Powershell thing though it is a little intimidating.

Don't know why this cannot be fixed long term though the problem might be some quirk in my system.

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

This thread is about an outdated version of the app, and I have no idea what you are talking about. If you are still having issues, or want to report some, please create a new thread and explain the problem clearly. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 8:05 AM

Dear alabama24,

Did you read the preceding pages of this thread? Perhaps that might help you have an idea what is being talked about.Wink

While it may be true that this thread concerns an "outdated version of the app," as I understand it, Benjamin Turkalj is saying that he's having exactly the same problem with a later version of it. To my mind, this is precisely the thread in which to discuss the ongoing problem with Logos--it's helpful to have all the pertinent information concerning an issue in one place for future reference. In addition, I wouldn't even know about Benjamin's unfortunate continued experience if he had started a new thread. By continuing this thread, those of us who have already dealt with this particular problem have the opportunity to help him (if we're able [like how to use Powershell]) rather than letting him try to find new people (to whom he'd have to "explain the problem clearly") to help. The thread title may not reflect the precise nature of the problem, but it didn't for the initial reporting of it either.

For what it's worth...

Posts 12
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 8:21 AM

Benjamin,

Sorry to hear you're facing the same issue again... What version are you at? My Logos has updated itself to 6.4 SR-3 (6.4.0.0065) and things seem to have remained intact. The Powershell instructions are fairly straightforward. Let us know if you're unclear about something!

Posts 30474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 8:41 AM

Paul Unger:
Did you read the preceding pages of this thread?

Nope, but this thread was never the place for those kind of discussions. 

Paul Unger:
By continuing this thread, those of us who have already dealt with this particular problem have the opportunity to help him

True, but you could still help him in a new thread. By continuing in this thread, he is less likely to be seen by FL. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 4 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS