Page 2 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 89 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 2
Anne Garber Kompaore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 6:18 AM

I own a lot of resources already (over 2k), but I occasionally would like to check out books I do not currently have, when researching a specific issue. It is impossible to buy everything that one could possibly use for research. This would be a wonderful supplement to my current Logos and my print library, for myself who lives in West Africa. It would allow me to do more thorough research (I am writing a commentary for Bible translators, articles, developing resources for Bible translators) almost as if I was sitting in a major Biblical studies library. But I would like access to ALL available resources. However the price for access to a high level of resources would be just too steep for me, as I would not be using it every month. 99$ a month makes it over $1000 a year! I might as well buy the books I need at that price! 

Is there any way to rethink how a Logos Cloud Library could be more accessible and more affordable to someone like me?

Anne G Kompaore agkompaore@gmail.com

WordShare Resources and Services

Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso 

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 6:51 AM

Welcome to the forums Anne. Have you looked at the rental option to see if it satisfies your needs? Presently only a few publishers have come on board with Logos Cloud, but I believe over time more of them will and the price can hopefully drop for yourself and others. 

Logos Rentals may be what you are interested in. https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Rental&start=0&sort=bestselling&pageSize=60 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 11:07 AM

I realize that the word/code "rentals" is in that address, but it just takes me to a regular sales page--at least there is no visible mention there of rentals. Someone on these forums wrote that the rentals links are "dead."?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 3003
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 11:20 AM

SteveF:

I realize that the word/code "rentals" is in that address, but it just takes me to a regular sales page--at least there is no visible mention there of rentals. Someone on these forums wrote that the rentals links are "dead."?

If you click on those titles they have a rent option.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3
Gene Townsend | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 4:17 PM

I just downloaded the Logos 6 engine. I have an old series that is basically the equivalent of the current Logos Bronze. In this package, I own several special add ons such as the NIV bible, the 38 vol. set of the Church Fathers, the Pulpit Commentary, and others. However, my old package does not have a lot of the features of current Logos packages. Question: if I subscribe to the Logos Cloud, the Bronze equivalent, and pay the 8.99 a month, will the Logos Cloud pull over my already paid for add ons such as the NIV Bible, the Pulpit Commentary, the Church Fathers and others at no additional cost? 

Posts 26296
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2015 4:21 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 32
Sean Emslie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 10:38 PM

Phil,

It would be great to get a listing of resources in the 4 levels of Logos Cloud.

Looking forward to the list.

MA in Christian Studies - Emphasis in Pastoral Ministry, Grand Canyon University

Logos 6, Logos Now

Posts 33
Dave Mackey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 9:54 PM

Just want to add my voice to the chorus indicating interest in an eventual dynamic option that would offer reduced cloud subscriptions to those of us who prefer owning resources.

- http://www.davemackey.net/ - Central hub of all things Dave.

- http://www.opensourcescriptures.com/ - Open Source Scripture Translation.

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 6:12 AM

Like with Logos 6 base packages, we'll tier both library and functionality.

1. The $8.99/mo. option will give you the equivalent functionality and library size of Bronze.
  2. The $19.99/mo. option will give you the equivalent functionality of Silver and a Gold-sized library.
  3. The $49.99/mo. option will give you all functionality and a Diamond-sized library.
  4. The $99.99/mo. option will give you all functionality and a library the size of Collector's Edition.

What about Pre-Pay options for cheaper discounts?

MacBook Pro 15" Retina 1TB Flash 2.8 Quad i7 16 GB Ram OSX 10.13.4

iMac 27"3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 - 32 GB Ram 10.13.4

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 1:34 PM

David Manning:
What about Pre-Pay options for cheaper discounts?

Hi Dave, 

Good question. We'll offer the option to pay for each tier of Logos Cloud up front annually.  

1. $8.99/mo.  or $89.99/yr
  2. $19.99/mo. or $199.99/yr
  3. $49.99/mo. or $499.99/yr 
  4. $99.99/mo. or $999.99/yr

When you pay monthly, you will start the first 30 days free.

When you pay annually, you don't get technically get "the first month free" (because we charge you up front) but it's the equivalent of getting two months free every year. 

Posts 3003
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 11:55 AM

Have you announced what is included yet?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 4:02 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Not yet. We're creating a Logos collection file that will allow you to see the contents right within the software.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 7:17 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

David Taylor Jr:

Not yet. We're creating a Logos collection file that will allow you to see the contents right within the software.

This may relate to this question that you just answered but I'll ask it anyway. What level of package are we currently using right now? 

Cheers

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 2:45 AM

ChelseaFC:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

David Taylor Jr:

This may relate to this question that you just answered but I'll ask it anyway. What level of package are we currently using right now? 

Cheers

ChelseaFC

afaik we are using Premium, which is the $50/m subscription from July 1  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 6:43 AM

NB.Mick:

ChelseaFC:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

David Taylor Jr:

Cheers

ChelseaFC

afaik we are using Premium, which is the $50/m subscription from July 1  

Thanks NB. Mick! Big Smile

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 7
Lloyd Farrar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:42 AM

If I registered under a different email address on a mobile device, is there a way to merge those titles into the current email address I am using?

Posts 13
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 5:22 AM

Any word on when the collection will be available. I own reformed diamond and I am very curious to know if there are any items added in the cloud version.

Posts 2
Logos Cloud Admin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 9:37 AM

All, 

We’ve shipped a Collections file for Logos Cloud so you can quickly and easily see the resources you have access to with Logos Cloud. 

1. Go to Logos Cloud Faithlife Group Documents in the Faithlife Group

3. Click on the “Actions” button to the right of Logos Cloud Premium. (note: it may be hidden, it will show up on mouse-over). 

Click COPY. 

4. Open your app, go to the Tools menu and click on “Collections" in the drop down. 

5. Click on Open and click on "Logos Cloud Premium" in the drop down. 

If you don’t see Logos Cloud Premium in the drop down, click on the sync arrows in the upper right next to layout and try again. 

Hope that helps. 

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 9:42 AM

Lloyd Farrar:

If I registered under a different email address on a mobile device, is there a way to merge those titles into the current email address I am using?

Best if you call customer service and have the merge the lisences.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 10:19 AM

Logos Cloud Admin:

All, 

We’ve shipped a Collections file for Logos Cloud so you can quickly and easily see the resources you have access to with Logos Cloud. 

1. Go to Logos Cloud Faithlife Group Documents in the Faithlife Group

3. Click on the “Actions” button to the right of Logos Cloud Premium. (note: it may be hidden, it will show up on mouse-over). 

4. Open your app, go to the Tools menu and click on “Collections" in the drop down. 

5. Click on Open and click on "Logos Cloud Premium" in the drop down. 

If you don’t see Logos Cloud Premium in the drop down, click on the sync arrows in the upper right next to layout and try again. 

Hope that helps. 

This is a great way to see what the entire collection encompasses. In addition I tagged all the resources that downloaded with the tag "Cloud" so when I review this collection you created I can see what is part of the collection and which books I already own in it. Nice!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS