App.Logos.com Release Notes - 19 May

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 19 2015 11:28 AM

App.Logos.com has been deployed with two new beta features:

• Passage Guide (on the Guides menu)
  • Atlas (on the Tools menu)

Known Issues

• Not all Guide Sections are available
  • Literary Typing is based on the Logos 5 PG section, not the Logos 6 section
  • Can't customize guide templates
  • Opening a resource from the Passage Guide will cover the guide (use Guides > Passage Guide to get back)
  • No Find/Search in Atlas
  • Atlas may not display an error message if you try to access it without owning maps as part of a Logos 6 base package or crossgrade
Posts 3480
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 11:42 AM

SWEEEET! Release notes and new feature updates on the same post. This made my day.

Posts 3480
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 11:44 AM

Passage guide works great, love that it keeps my prioritization, and it is FAST!

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 12:58 PM

Thanks for the release notes. It's good to see the PG arriving from the mobile apps.

Being ultra-picky, I'm not seeing custom resource titles anywhere in the app. That would be useful for me.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:09 PM

Coming along quite nicely. I'll do a bit of serious testing later today but I love the basic layout - very easy for these old eyes to read and very clean of distractions. Nice.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3480
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:38 PM

What font is being used in the app? Is it just me or is it different from the L6 default font?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:52 PM

It's Skolar — the default L5/L6 font.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 3480
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:59 PM

Mark Barnes:

It's Skolar — the default L5/L6 font.

Hmm weird, just looks different to me for some reason. Eyes play games I guess.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 2:19 PM

David Taylor Jr:
Hmm weird, just looks different to me for some reason. Eyes play games I guess.

Chrome doesn't do a brilliant job of rendering fonts IMO. You'll probably get closer to the desktop rendering in Internet Explorer.

Posts 101
Dan Langston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 7:41 AM

The Atlas is a great upgrade on the web app.  I'm pleased that I can now illustrate the fertile crescent on classroom computers when I lecture in my Old Testament class.  I also like how easy it is to copy the contents of the atlas.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS