[ACK] BUG: Missing outline sections in BOB (Bible Outline Browser)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1525
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 20 2015 7:43 AM

The Bible Outline Browser (BOB) is sometimes missing outline sections. I've previously seen this with other resources for the book of Jude. See attached screen shot for a missing outline section (Hebrews chs. 3-4) from the Bible Knowledge Commentary (BKC). I'm on Logos 6, Windows 8.1.

Peter

Posts 952
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 8:26 AM

I can confirm that II.D is missing from the Bible Outline Browser here, as your screen shot shows. I'll report this bug.

Posts 1525
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 1:36 PM

Thanks Sean. Again, please note this is a more widespread problem. The screen shot above was only showing one instance.

Try the BOB with Jude, and note that both the Bible Knowledge Commentary and the Believers Church Bible Commentary are missing sections in the outlines.

Thanks

Peter

Posts 2
Heatherlynn Burback | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:12 AM

Hello!  I am a Christian School teacher and am looking for an outline of Hebrews to supplement my English class.  The screenshot of your outline is most intriguing and I was wondering of you would be willing to send me the entire outline?

Thank  you!

HL

Posts 952
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:48 AM

Heatherlynn Burback:

Hello!  I am a Christian School teacher and am looking for an outline of Hebrews to supplement my English class.  The screenshot of your outline is most intriguing and I was wondering of you would be willing to send me the entire outline?

Thank  you!

HL

Hi Heatherlynn:

The Bible Outline Browser is part of Logos 7 and/or Logos Now: it's not free.

You might want to look at https://www.logos.com/basic (which is free) and see if it's helpful to you.

Posts 2
Heatherlynn Burback | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:49 AM

Thank you!

Posts 1525
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:15 PM

Looks like this 2-year-old bug was never addressed. 

Large swaths of Hebrews and Jude (and probably other books) are missing the outlines displayed in BOB.

In its current broken state, BOB is unusable and unreliable.

Can we get another acknowledgement from FL that this will be addressed soon?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 952
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:20 PM

PL:

Looks like this 2-year-old bug was never addressed. 

Large swaths of Hebrews and Jude (and probably other books) are missing the outlines displayed in BOB.

In its current broken state, BOB is unusable and unreliable.

Can we get another acknowledgement from FL that this will be addressed soon?

Thanks,

Peter

I've let the development team know this still needs to be addressed.

Posts 55
Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 3:52 PM

Can anyone help. When I try to open the Bible Outline Browser for Daniel it does not work. I have tried other book s and they all open and display various outlines.I am only having a problem with Daniel (I only get that rotating circle).

Thanks for any help

Posts 952
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 10:06 AM

Erwin:

Can anyone help. When I try to open the Bible Outline Browser for Daniel it does not work. I have tried other book s and they all open and display various outlines.I am only having a problem with Daniel (I only get that rotating circle).

Thanks for any help

Erwin:

I'm able to get outlines for Daniel 1. I suggest you follow up with customer support, https://www.logos.com/contact.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS