Re ordering added notes within a note document

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Paul Chavez | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 23 2015 4:05 PM

I am using the note and add note features to cut and paste from various books into one note on Genesis chapters 1 -3. I have added many notes within that note document but I want to reorder the added notes to better flow with the verse numbers. Is there a way to reorder an added note up or down within the main note document?

Posts 27929
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2015 4:16 PM

You have these options in the Notes menu (click on the little arrow-head icon)

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2015 6:25 PM

Paul Chavez:

I am using the note and add note features to cut and paste from various books into one note on Genesis chapters 1 -3.

Have you considered using clippings for this purpose?

https://wiki.logos.com/Clippings

Posts 31
Paul Chavez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 2:49 AM

That would not help me as all notes were made on the same date. I would like the functionality of a word processing where I could cut and paste individual notes and reorder them to my liking. Thanks.

Posts 31
Paul Chavez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 3:07 AM

If I can't reorder in notes on a note document (seems that this should be allowed) then a clippings document might work. Do clippings have a title line for each added clipping like notes do? And I can't seem to copy and paste from my original notes document to my new clipping document, is that not possible?

Posts 2069
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 8:44 AM

Paul Chavez:
If I can't reorder in notes on a note document (seems that this should be allowed)

You CAN. Simply click and drag! The easiest place to "get ahold of" is the note icon. That way you're not expanding/collapsing the note or accidentally navigating to the resources.

HOWEVER

I'd strongly suggest adding attachment points to the Bible references that you want them attached to. You can then simply "sort by reference" and your notes should appear in "canonical" order. I'm attaching a screenshot showing where you add the attachment points. After clicking on "edit attachment points" you can simply type the reference, or if you wish, you could actually have a word selected in your bible and choose "current selection." You can attach a single note to multiple places (I'm not sure whether there's a limit).

Posts 2069
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 8:47 AM

Paul Chavez:
That would not help me as all notes were made on the same date.

"Sort by date" is actually "sort by date and time" in the way it functions.

Posts 31
Paul Chavez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 10:11 AM

Great, this works. Thanks for your input.

Posts 31
Paul Chavez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 10:57 AM

The note attachment tool is very powerful. Not only is the link shown in your bible at the proper verse but also in various commentaries for that particular book. Thanks.

Posts 2069
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2015 11:24 AM

You're welcome, and happy note taking! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS