Evangelical Exegetical Commentaries - Release Dates

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 27 2015 7:44 PM

1 & 2 Chronicles and Jude are scheduled to be released next week.  There are also several more scheduled for this year.   Hopefully, most of these will stay on schedule, although I do tend to be somewhat naïve.

http://evangelicalexegeticalcommentary.com/volumes/ 

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 8:21 AM

Yes There was only one volume released last year (several were originally scheduled for 2014, but pushed back) and two in 2013, so I'm really hoping that we see all the ones currently scheduled for 2015 make it to production.

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 11:22 AM

A few weeks ago I asked about these release dates, and Logos wrote (April 30th)

Thank you for your email and interest in the EEC! I’ve looked into it, and our current schedule for releasing volumes is available online! These dates are subject to change but for right now they should be accurate. You can find the release dates listed at our EEC Release Dates page.

Posts 46
Dean J. Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 12:40 PM

I too would like to see the new volumes released next week.  I hope that the other volumes on the schedule for this year will be released as scheduled. It is a matter of concern to see promised volumes postponed.  I am beginning to wonder if I will ever can a chance to read the future volumes on this side of eternity.  The EEC is currently my most expensive commentaries. The heavy expense up front and the small number of releases as originally scheduled is a cause for pause ... but when they are released, I am thrilled to see them and find them enjoyable to read and edifying to use.I would like to be thrilled next week.   

Posts 456
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 12:42 PM

Dean J. Ferguson:
The heavy expense up front and the small number of releases as originally scheduled is a cause for pause ... but when they are released, I am thrilled to see them and find them enjoyable to read and edifying to use.I would like to be thrilled next week.  

Yes

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 1:16 PM

Ronald Quick:
1 & 2 Chronicles and Jude are scheduled to be released next week. 

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2821
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 3:27 PM

The commentary in this series that tempts me is 1 & 2 Kings by John Oswalt.  I have not bought into this set yet, but that volume I will have to find a way to get when it comes out.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 650
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 5:06 PM

Ronald Quick:

Where are you getting this from?  I can't see anything scheduled in the near future.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 2
Justin M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 5:31 PM

Unfortunately EEC Jude and EEC 1 & 2 Chronicles will not release next week. Due to the size and complexity of the manuscripts, there have been several delays. We’re very sorry about that. Believe me, we want to release these just as much as you want to receive them.

Rest assured we are still committed and excited about the EEC.

Here is an update on upcoming volumes:

• EEC Jude and EEC 1 & 2 Samuel are fully authored and reviewed. It is currently being copy edited and will release later this year.
    • These are both massive works. EEC Jude is around 250,000 words, and 1 & 2 Samuel is over 600,000 (!).
  • EEC Ephesians is fully authored and reviewed. It is next in the queue for copy editing.
  • EEC Philippians, EEC Jeremiah, and EEC 1 & 2 Chronicles are fully authored and are currently being reviewed by the academic editors.

We think you’ll really enjoy these upcoming volumes and we can’t wait to release them!

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 5:37 PM

Why then do they refer us to the page to see the release dates when nothing is ever released on those dates? That page is meaningless!

You didn't even mention Numbers so can we assume the July 1, 2015 date for release is wrong?

Posts 5244
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 10:23 PM

Matt Hamrick:
Why then do they refer us to the page to see the release dates when nothing is ever released on those dates? That page is meaningless!

Those are hoped for dates... They are an educated guess... They cannot be considered meaningless my Milk has a best before date... often it's good far after it sometimes it is bad a day before. Like Milk a book is not a hard and fast science. If faithlife could come up with hard dates you can be sure the product would suffer.

-Dan

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 4:15 AM

Matt Hamrick:

It surely seems to have become a bit meaningless. I now lean towards expecting nothing to be accurate in this page except the "Now Available"-section. 

I always force myself to remain hopeful when I read the good sounding but overly optimistic advertisement statement: "The entire 44-volume set will be available in 2019—an unprecedented publication timetable for a commentary of this magnitude." Wink 

Matt Hamrick:
You didn't even mention Numbers so can we assume the July 1, 2015 date for release is wrong?

Justin, could you please give us an update on Numbers

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 4:57 AM

Well 1 & 2 Chronicles has been moved back to February 1, 2016 and Jude to October 2015.  This is seems to be the norm.

Posts 244
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 7:18 AM

Justin marr:
It is currently being copy edited

Interesting, please learn me what. I now picture a complete, double checked, handwritten document that someone is putting in the pc? How can this take so much time?

Posts 19
LogosEmployee
Justin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:02 PM

Please see other thread for a more in-depth EEC update: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105667/731828.aspx#731828

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:06 PM

Alex Scott:

Ronald Quick:

Where are you getting this from?  I can't see anything scheduled in the near future.

They were on the release dates page which has since been updated.

http://evangelicalexegeticalcommentary.com/volumes/ 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS