[resolved] Cannot find note documents

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 39
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 29 2015 2:12 PM

I have created a number of note documents in Logos using my Android tablet.  I need to access those documents on my desktop, but they simply don't show up.  So....I need some help resolving this issue.  The log files are attached.  The guys in the Android app forum tried really hard to help as did the help tech I talked to later.  She reached the end of what she could do and referred me to you.

5488.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:03 PM

Do you see the Notes documents at documents.logos.com? This is checking if they sync from Android.

If so, are they visible in the Documents menu under Notes?

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:12 PM

Hi John,

Are you sure the changes made on the Android device synced to the cloud? go to documents.logos.com, sign in, and check to see if the notes are present that you recently made on the mobile app. If they do not you've likely not allowed the app to be open long enough to sync the changes.

I've also experienced situations where sorting the notes from the panel menu from most recent to mos oldest in the desktop app displayed what seemed to be missing merely because it was buried in the note and not as obvious that it synced over. 

Posts 39
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:25 PM

Yes, they are there so the tablet is syncing with the Logos server just fine.

Posts 39
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:31 PM

Tried the sorting thing -- made no difference.

I played around looking for an option on the documents.logos.com page that would make them available to my desktop, but came up dry.  Any ideas?

Posts 26292
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:37 PM

Dumb question - feel free to laugh - but has anyone asked the obvious: are you sure you have the same login on the PC?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 39
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 3:57 PM

You're not the first to ask.  Must be a common problem.  Already checked and it's the same.

Posts 26292
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 4:18 PM

When you approach documents.logos.com via the documents menu, does the updated note files show?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 9:07 AM

If you mean the two links pointed to by the green arrow, yes, they are there.

Question:  On the documents.logos.com page all the notes in question are marked 'private'.  Does that make a difference?

Another question:  How are you getting your screen shots?  I pull down the documents tab and then move to the Windows Startup menu to pull up the snipping tool, but as soon as I click on the menu the documents tab in Logos collapses.  A couple of screen shots would make my problem really clear to everyone trying to help me.

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 9:13 AM

So, since I keep getting questions about whether my logins on the PC and the Tablet are the same, I had the bright idea of logging out on both devices and then logging back in.  Trouble is, I can't find any way to log out.  I do have a tendency for being blind when looking for links, but I really couldn't find any log out links.  How do I do that?

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 9:15 AM

John T Reagan:
I had the bright idea of logging out on both devices and then logging back in.  Trouble is, I can't find any way to log out.

You can't actually log out of the Android app!

But if you go to the Help menu on Android it will show you what account you are logged into.

If you start up Logos holding the Ctrl key you will get a login box where you can check the details. (Or if you click the Help button and choose "About Logos Bible Software" it will show you the account which is being used)

But I think you said the notes documents do appear in the Documents menu. Is that correct? If so, it is fairly certain you are using the same account on both.

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 9:24 AM

Ok.  Checked the logins through the help menus and the logins are the same.  Thanks.

Posts 231
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 9:49 AM

John T Reagan:
Question:  On the documents.logos.com page all the notes in question are marked 'private'.  Does that make a difference?

That shouldn't make a difference.  Being marked private means that they are private to you and the applications where you are logged in.

John T Reagan:
Another question:  How are you getting your screen shots?  I pull down the documents tab and then move to the Windows Startup menu to pull up the snipping tool, but as soon as I click on the menu the documents tab in Logos collapses.

You can try hitting the "PrtSc" key while holding down the Windows key.  This copies the screen to your clipboard.  You can paste the image into Power Point, edit, add arrows, etc and save it as a .jpg.  I'm not sure if this is the easiest/quickest method but it works for me.  I'd like to hear from others about easier methods, please.

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 10:18 AM

I used PrtScrn to copy the screens as you suggested and then the SnipIt tool to cut out the stuff that wasn't needed.  Here is a picture of the Logos screen when I try to access my notes and a second pic listing the files from documents.logos.com.

Posts 231
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 10:42 AM

John, under "Program Settings" is "Use Internet" set to "Yes"?

Posts 26292
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 1:25 PM

Did you get to the second shot via the share document option or did you use the URL? I wanted to see it via the Share option as that would show whether the two devices are in fact linked to the same account.

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 2:37 PM

Todd, where do I find "Program Settings"?  Are you talking about Logos or in Windows?

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 2:39 PM

I used the URL but clicking the "Share" link goes to the same place and the screen looks the same.

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 2:48 PM

John T Reagan:

Todd, where do I find "Program Settings"?  Are you talking about Logos or in Windows?

"Program Settings" is in the Tools menu in Logos

Posts 56
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 4:42 PM

Found it.  It is set to "yes".

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS