documents.logos.com - How do I delete documents?Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 30 2015 12:56 AM

I can undelete documents from the online depository, but not delete them ... 

https://documents.logos.com/?offset=0&sortType=Date&sortOrder=Descending&deleted=True&privacy=All&documentKind=All

... and how do I show more than the 20 hits per page?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 23318
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 2:26 AM

Martin Folley:
I can undelete documents from the online depository, but not delete them ... 

If you hover over a document entry you will get an "Actions" popup with delete being one of the options

This will change the status to "deleted" and remove from desktop / mobile apps but it will still be shown on the documents website (as deleted)

Martin Folley:
... and how do I show more than the 20 hits per page?

I'm not aware of any way to do this

Posts 1
Manuel Briones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 7:42 PM

How can I remove permanently documents marked as "deleted"?

Regards,

Posts 29721
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:08 PM

Manuel Briones:

How can I remove permanently documents marked as "deleted"?

Regards,

Welcome to the forums. That is not currently possible as it would defeat the purpose of an off-site backup for your files.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3831
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 10:39 PM

MJ. Smith:

That is not currently possible as it would defeat the purpose of an off-site backup for your files.

Through trial-and-error I've ended up with some documents that don't need to be backed up indefinitely. Embarrassed

Other cloud storage let us delete files that we know we don't want/need to keep around. It seems like the inability to remove a FL deleted document from their cloud is an omission, rather than a "feature."

If deleting a deleted file is still "risky" from management's view, then FL could mark it pending to be deleted in, say, 30 days.

In this situation, these really are unedited private copies of public documents, so there is no downside of getting rid of them for good from my deleted documents. If I ever decided I did want them again, I'd just make another local copy of the original from its Faithlife group.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS