Apple iPad and Logos

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 10:00 AM

Sir Maru:
I stick with the Sony PRS 900 but would like to see a Logos 4 Ap for it.

If all you want is an ebook reader, get an ebook reader. For those of us who wants lots more, the iPad is exciting.

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 10:33 AM

One can get a 'good' laptop in UK for 400 pounds so if you use an exchange rate 600 dollars. I believe with a massive 64gb drive ipad will be 800 dollars. Laptop is 260gb drive. Only advantage I can see is the battery life but logos 4 runs great.

I would be suprised if we see in the UK this year anyway and Apple are planning their international pricing for the summer which means how much they can get away for charging us. They will attempt to get as close to 1 dollar = 1 pound as possible!

Logos, god bless them, use the correct exchange rate.

Guess it depends on your situation, if you want one then sure go ahead but a lot of people are scratching their heads and asking what real need is it serving?

As I said I will have plenty of time to see how well it is received.

John

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:38 PM

As a pretty heavy user of the iPhone app, I for one will be looking forward to the iPad. As much as I love the iPhone, for the extended periods I now find myself using it for non-phone activities (about 99.99% of its "on" time, I wish it had a bigger screen, something the 'pad obviously provides. However, the 'pad hardly fits in your pocket. But, as a device that can be carried around relatively easily, switches on instantly, doesn't weigh too much, reasonably battery life (way better than the iPhone), can be held at any angle for viewing, and loads of other plus points, the 'pad wins hands down. I for one will be queuing...

Posts 27
Carlin Wong | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2010 2:51 PM

john joyce:
One can get a 'good' laptop in UK for 400 pounds so if you use an exchange rate 600 dollars. I believe with a massive 64gb drive ipad will be 800 dollars. Laptop is 260gb drive.

You may be comparing apples vs oranges.  The 260gb you are referring to is not solid state like the iPad will be. 

john joyce:
Guess it depends on your situation, if you want one then sure go ahead but a lot of people are scratching their heads and asking what real need is it serving?

I guess personally, I feel it's not as comfortable to either read for long periods of time on the laptop or the iPhone (too small).  Maybe the iPad can fill that space?  Perhaps it's wise to wait for iPad 2 for all the kinks to be worked out.  I, for one, wish I waited for the 3GS before jumping on board wih the 3G.  The 3GS is much more superior.

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:35 AM

Will Logos books take the same amount of hard drive space on the iPad as it does on the computer?  Or is there an estimated percentage amount less space they would take?  Just need to know to decide how much hard drive space of an iPad I should get incase I do choose to get one.

Jason Saling

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 4:00 AM

Jason Saling:

Will Logos books take the same amount of hard drive space on the iPad as it does on the computer?  Or is there an estimated percentage amount less space they would take?  Just need to know to decide how much hard drive space of an iPad I should get incase I do choose to get one.

A recent iPhone update gave us a smaller foot print for the downloaded books. But remember, the only thing that takes up space are the books you have downloaded. All of the computing and most of your books can still reside in the "cloud" and be accessed at will saving you a great deal of space. I think the 16GB will be adequate for any Logos usage, I personally am leaning toward the 32 GB just in case.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 4:35 AM

I think I'll be getting one in a year or two, once it's available in Scotland, as a Logos reader and to take on holiday in the caravan (English US: trailer? You know Airstream-type thing towed behind my car , I mean automobile). Stick out tongue

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 4:50 AM

Alan Macgregor:
I think I'll be getting one in a year or two, once it's available

You just work on getting that Mac thing down, then you can move on to an iPad. Surprise

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS