[ACK] Smart Tags broken in 6.3 SR1

Page 8 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next >
This post has 190 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:56 PM

Thanks Dave, I have Win 7 (64bit), MS Office 2010 32bit.

My Logos in not in the C: directory having put it in D:\Program Files so the path name is D:\Program Files\Logos4\System\L4SmrTg.dll

I checked the registry as follows:

1. Does “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{319A0316-DF84-4B3C-8117-349B7E98E613}” exist? If so, delete it. (This did exist so I deleted it)
  2. “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{81490292-5570-4D02-A2AC-7B828DBD0A8A}\1.0\0\win64” should exist and contain the path to LogosCom.exe. (This did exist and gave path)
  3. If “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{81490292-5570-4D02-A2AC-7B828DBD0A8A}\1.0\0\win32” exists, delete it. (Did not exist)

I have applied the basic command line you indicated taking account of \Logos4 and obviously it couldn't find the module.

I then used the actual path for my system and was able to register logos.exe, and then tried to register the dll module as below with the error message as indicated:

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 4:06 PM

John Stasse:

Previously I found Bryan Adam's 'PowerShell script' to work for each new update, but now that L4SmrTg.dll has been moved back into the Logos4\System folder it won't work as it looks for the .dll as previously as a separate folder for the update number under Logos4. I don;t suppose that 'PowerShell script' can be reworked to acocutn for this reversal of policy.

I plan on fixing (and updating) the PowerShell script to work in the current environment.

Bryan

Posts 8053
LogosEmployee

John Stasse:
so the path name is D:\Program Files\Logos4\System\L4SmrTg.dll

It's L4SmrtTg.dll (two t's).

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 4:31 PM

John Stasse:
I then used the actual path for my system and was able to register logos.exe, and then tried to register the dll module as below

1. D:\Program Files\Logos4\Logos.exe  is the one to register!

2. a. Copy and paste would serve you better - the dll is L4SmrtTg.dll

b. Run the Command Prompt "as Administrator" to get the right path for regsvr32 i.e. C:\Windows\System32

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 11
John Stasse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2015 7:30 PM

Thanks Dave, and Bradley.  They did the trick allowing it to be registered. But then I noticed my MS Word had dropped the logos smart tag. A computer reboot brought it back into play. So all working again now.  I appreciate your patience and skills.

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 9:06 AM

I have tried all the solutions here, and still no smart tags.

I have rebooted.

Directory: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Logos

Running Logos 6

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:26 PM

Scott Jacobsen:

I have tried all the solutions here, and still no smart tags.

I have rebooted.

Directory: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Logos

Running Logos 6

what exactly was the command you used?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
Paul Carpenter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:25 PM

Thanks for looking into this, Bryan. It means a great deal to many of us!

I look forward to the new and improved PowerShell script.

Paul

Posts 23
Nelson E Aguillon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 11:01 AM

I just experienced the same issue all over again: Smart Tags broke.

I tried to do what worked for me before: applying the fix recommended by Timothy Brown, but this time, even such fix did not work.  

This is very annoying,

Nelson Aguillon 

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 11:15 AM

Nelson E Aguillon:
I tried to do what worked for me before: applying the fix recommended by Timothy Brown, but this time, even such fix did not work.  

The Powershell script hasn't been fixed. Try the two registration steps in https://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags#Smart_Tags_and_64-bit_Logos and look at the other recent threads on Smart Tags.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Nelson E Aguillon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 5:13 PM

Here is a copy of the error I receive when I try to RegisteSmartTags.

Nelson

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 9:05 PM

I was executing the wrong dll. The correct one was hidden in a different folder. Found it, and it works. 

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 9:17 PM

Nelson E Aguillon:
Here is a copy of the error I receive when I try to RegisteSmartTags.

Nelson, please read my previous post as that comes from the unfixed PowerShell script.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Nelson E Aguillon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:22 PM

Thank you, Dave.  I will.  

Nelson

Posts 23
Nelson E Aguillon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2015 10:46 PM

PLEASE can someone provide me the link to download  version 6.4 as I am trying to address the 'system' folder issue.

Thank you,

Nelson Aguillon

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2015 3:09 AM

Nelson E Aguillon:
PLEASE can someone provide me the link to download  version 6.4 as I am trying to address the 'system' folder issue.

What gave you the idea that this was necessary? Did you click the link in my post about registering the Smart Tag?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Nelson E Aguillon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2015 9:17 AM

My bad, Dave!

I was doing something incorrectly.  Please forget my previous comment.  Everything is working fine again.  

Blessings,

Nelson

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 3:25 PM

I've updated the Windows PowerShell script to register Logos COM and Logos Smart Tags for Logos 6.7 and newer. It's works with Logos installed to the System folder, has enhanced messages and a few fixes. There's a new feature for registering the LSmtTg64.dll for 64-bit Office, too. 

Enabling PowerShell script execution

On most Windows versions, PowerShell comes with script execution disabled by default, so if you haven't already, you'll need to set the PowerShell execution policy to allow script execution:

1. Run PowerShell as Administrator (Windows key, type PowerShell, right-click on Windows PowerShell in the list and choose Run as administrator, click Yes on the User Account Control dialog).
  2. In the PowerShell window, type Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned <Enter>. Hit <Enter> to make the change. 
  3. Close PowerShell.

Run RegisterSmartTags.ps1

1. Download the RegisterSmartTags.ps1 script from http://downloads.logoscdn.com/LBS6/Support/RegisterSmartTags.ps1.
  2. In Windows Explorer, find the script in your downloads folder (e.g. C:\User\bryan\Downloads), right-click on the script and choose Run with PowerShell. Since the script is signed by Logos Bible Software, choose Open from the Open File - Security Warning dialog, if displayed.
  3. Note: if you do not see Run with PowerShell in the context menu, open a PowerShell console as described below under Verbum and Noet but run the RegisterSmartTags.ps1 script without any command line switches.
  4. The script calls RegSvr32.exe to register the Logos Smart Tags dll, L4SmrtTg.dll, which should display a RegSvr32 dialog message similar to, "DllRegisterServer in C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Logos\System\L4SmrtTg.dll succeeded.", click OK.
  5. The PowerShell window should list details about registering, ending with the message "Finished successfully. Hit a key to exit..." Logos COM and Logos Smart Tags for 32-bit Office should now be registered.
  6. If you see an error message, such as "Failed to...", please post back here and I'll check it out, otherwise hit any key to exit PowerShell.

Verbum and Noet

You can also register COM and Logos Smart Tags for Verbum and Noet. To do this, you need to specify a command line switch to PowerShell, which requires a PowerShell console (a PowerShell window):

1. Open PowerShell (Windows key, type PowerShell and click the Windows PowerShell entry in the list). 
  2. To change directories to your download folder, type: cd <path-to-download-folder> <Enter> (e.g. cd C:\Users\bryan\Downloads <Enter>)
  3. To run the script with the command line switch, type: .\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 -Noet <Enter> or .\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 -Verbum <Enter>
  4. The output should be similar to registering Logos (above).

Registering Smart Tags for 64-bit Office

Your can also register our Smart Tag file LSmtTg64.dll which will enable Logos Smart Tags for 64-bit Office. To do this, you need to specify a command line switch to PowerShell, which requires a PowerShell console (a PowerShell window):

1. Open PowerShell (Windows key, type PowerShell and click the Windows PowerShell entry in the list). 
  2. To change directories to your download folder, type: cd <path-to-download-folder> <Enter> (e.g. cd C:\Users\bryan\Downloads <Enter>)
  3. To run the script with the command line switch, type: .\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 -Office64Bit <Enter> 
  4. You can combine switches, like: .\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 -Office64Bit -Verbum <Enter> 
  5. The output should be similar to registering Logos (above).

In testing, I was able to use the script to register both L4SmrtTg.dll (for 32-bit Office) and LSmtTg64.dll (for 64-bit Office) at the same time, and my Logos Smart Tags worked in 32-bit Office. If someone with 64-bit Office could register our LSmtTg64.dll file with the -Office64Bit switch and report back here if it works, then register the L4SmrtTg.dll too (run the script without the -Office64Bit switch), and report, that would be great.

Please let me know if you have problems or questions.

Thanks,

Bryan

PS I think I've found a problem with the way Windows Installer is registering L4SmrtTg.dll and hope to have it fixed for Beta 3. 

Posts 229
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 11:37 PM

Does it also work for Office 2016?

Hans

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 12:15 AM

A.J. van den Herik:

Does it also work for Office 2016?

Hans

Yes

Dave