Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 59 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 8:21 PM

I cannot repeat your results.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 8:22 PM

This is my collection rule: author:"white, ellen", subject:"ellen white writings"

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 5:44 AM

Tried Lynden Williams rule. Got 17733 articles in 363 resources.  List did include DA, AA, GC, PP, PK .

Now how do I write a search string that finds the 39 resources that don't have the word 'Jesus' in them??

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 6:30 AM

Lynden Williams:

I cannot repeat your results.

That's really strange. I don't know what's going on. I tried creating a new collection with your rule and the same exact thing is happening. Both of my EGW collections have 402 resources in them, but when I search them, only 48 resources return results, which suspiciously are only the updated resources.

I just now tried the "Rebuild Index" command to see if that might fix it, and so that's running now. Let's see if that works. I'm hoping!

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 9:50 AM

Tim check your search settings.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 11:00 AM

Lynden Williams:

Tim check your search settings.

Thanks for the suggestion, Lynden.

The rebuilding of my index finally finished and it looks like that fixed it! That was kinda weird but it looks like somehow my index got messed up with the update or something. I'm glad it's all back to normal and that it was a quick fix! :) If anyone else is having the same problem hopefully they can find this thread and see how to fix it. :)

Posts 28
Cliff S | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 8:52 AM

I find it interesting that my Logos mobile app shows more updated books than my program on my desktop computer. I wonder why.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 4:32 PM

Hi Lynden,

What is the command to show the history of downloaded resources?  I had it working in Logos 4, but can't remember how to do it now.

Thanks!

Linden

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 4:35 PM

Linden:

What is the command to show the history of downloaded resources?

If Lynden knows of a "command" then I'd like to know about that too. :) The way I've been doing it is by going to my Library (Cmd + L on Mac, Ctrl + L on Windows) and sorting by the "Last Updated" column, which you may have to add first by right-clicking the column headers and selecting it from the list. I hope this helps.

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 1:50 PM

Linden, Tim's method is the only one that I can think of.

Posts 953
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2015 3:27 AM

Is there any reason why the author's name does not seem to be shown on even the re-issued EGW works when seen in the library view? I am looking at  Testimonies for the church. Some are re-issued and some the original but there is no author against any of them. It spoils basic collections which I have always solved with a  Mytag  of "EGW".

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2015 4:08 AM

I can confirm and have filed a bug. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/106448/736674.aspx#736674 

Posts 123
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:43 PM

I simply use "egw" and get 403 volumes in  the collection. They use White, Ellen G.; and White, Ellen Gould; and I think I also saw White, E.G.. But all the Ellen White resources are tagged with "egw"; and "SDA". It seems like even the new resources are still tagged with "egw", so my collections didn't change.

I get 51,320 results for the word jesus in 18,115 articles and in 364 resources (in 0.11 sec)

Posts 123
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 12:37 AM

Does anyone know if we will be getting the paragraph numbers back, or are they gone forever? I really liked them for finding  quotes. Especially for the longer articles like the ones in the Review articles where they go by date and not page. Try finding a quote with only the date, especially where the quote starts in the middle of the paragraph! You may have to read the entire article and make sure you don't get distracted with what you are reading while scanning the text for the quote.

** Paragraph marks are much needed!

{RH, June 4, 1914 par. 9}

Seems like they could have left them there and just made it so you could hide them. I think you can hide them in the EG White Estate CD in Folio.

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 4:56 AM

Should be:

As we near the time when principalities (…) Human effort must combine with divine power, that we may be able to accomplish the closing work for this time.  {2SM 15.3}     [[From the Folio version]]

Now is:

As we near the time when principalities (…) Human effort must combine with divine power, that we may be able to accomplish the closing work for this time.     [[From the current Logos version updated June 4, 2015]]

Ellen Gould White, Selected Messages From the Writings of Ellen G. White, Book 2 (Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1958), 15

When one quotes these works the paragraph mark is EXPECTED.  

Yes, if you have Logos or Folio you can search for the words.

But if you have a dead tree version with those references you can quickly find the reference.

However, with the references,  if you have the Folio version you enter  2sm  15 into the book and page boxes and there you are.  

- Why can we not do that in Logos?

Posts 953
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 9:08 AM

Lynden Williams:

Thanks Lynden.

Posts 953
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 9:10 AM

Fred Littlefield:
You may have to read the entire article and make sure you don't get distracted with what you are reading while scanning the text for the quote.

Big Smile  I know that so well - it does not get easier on the wrong side of 65 either!

Posts 123
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2015 9:39 AM

Today I tried to find a quote from {1SM 204.?} I cannot find the paragraph number anywhere.

This is a step backwards.

These are reference books as well as reading books. We must be able to determine the Page and Paragraph numbers. I can select the quote if I can find it in a search and paste it but no paragraph numbers.

Also I cannot turn on the page info in this volume, so the only way to know the page # is by looking at the top in the location box.

I like the extra tagging that Logos provided, but the reference marking is more important to me. This is almost unusable for us. I prefer what we had to this.

Not to be a complainer, but why take a step backwards with Logos? I'll have to go back to folio to make quotes from till this is fixed.

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2015 9:53 AM

All of this should be fixed in the impending release of the recompiled/fully tagged and paginated Lifeworks of EGW. Meanwhile, my apologies for all these difficulties. I'm pursuing this as vigorously as I can. Right now the release date for the update is October. I'm hoping for somewhat sooner than that. 

Posts 123
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2015 10:35 AM

Thanks for your efforts.

Don't forget to ask/require the Paragraph info as well. This is VERY important to the use of the EG White writings as you know when writing sermons and papers and books and taking notes.

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS