Do I need to do a complete re-index

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 3 2015 7:45 PM

I have many collections, types of commentaries, encyclopedias and dictionaries, philosophical and apologetic, grammars and word studies, and so on. 

New items are not automatically added to the collections I have created. My question is: do I need to perform a complete re-index of my entire library to get everything sorted as I want them or do I have to continually add them manually.

Posts 5361
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:08 PM

Are your collections rule-based collections, or item-specific?

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:13 PM

rule Subject: and Title:

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:22 PM

Kent:
My question is: do I need to perform a complete re-index of my entire library to get everything sorted as I want them or do I have to continually add them manually.

Reindexing will not affect whether a resource appears in a collection.

I suspect that the collection rules you've established may be the problem. In might help to share some of them with us, telling us what you expect the collection to contain. Maybe we'll see something.

(Subjects refer to the Subject listing in Library and are pretty much all over the place. Titles are pretty specific. I can see problems with either type of rule being too specific to create a dynamic collection.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:42 PM

Mark Smith:
I suspect that the collection rules you've established may be the problem.

You are correct Mark. I reviewed some of the rules I was using and found that a couple of the collections had the rules wrong.

Silly little things that make a big difference. Thanks for your help.

Posts 651
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 10:47 AM

Kent:

Mark Smith:
I suspect that the collection rules you've established may be the problem.

You are correct Mark. I reviewed some of the rules I was using and found that a couple of the collections had the rules wrong.

Silly little things that make a big difference. Thanks for your help.

Kent, there are many collection lists available through the Faithlife "Collections" group. You might want to give that a look and there has been work done on a series of collections according to the various denominational authors/publishers.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS