Shared words or phrases between passages.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 522
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 4 2015 8:51 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to determine, through a search or another way, which words or phrases are shared between two Bible passages? I.e. I want to determine which words/phrases (preferably in Hebrew) are shared between Psalm 6 and Psalm 7.

Posts 94
Rokas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 10:28 PM

About comparing phrases in Logos got no idea.

But you can compare words quite easily using Word Lists. Create two new ones by going to Documents -> Word List, populate one with words from Psa 6 and another with words from Psa 7, then choose desired action from Merge drop down menu on one of the lists, and, voila! :)

Posts 522
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2015 11:48 PM

Rokas:

About comparing phrases in Logos got no idea.

But you can compare words quite easily using Word Lists. Create two new ones by going to Documents -> Word List, populate one with words from Psa 6 and another with words from Psa 7, then choose desired action from Merge drop down menu on one of the lists, and, voila! :)

Thanks Rokas Cool. This is exactly what I was looking for Yes. I sometimes forget how powerful Logos really is, since I do not use it to its full capabilities.

I never knew about this function.

Posts 33269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 12:34 AM

There is also hope that eventually the concordance function may support phrases (n-grams).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 94
Rokas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 1:23 AM

Sarel, you're most welcome! I can definitely share your experience of always finding new things that are possible to do with Logos. And now your use of Logos has become one bit more powerful Cool

And as MJ. Smith said, maybe one day we will be able to compare phrases as well.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS