5th edition Greek Testament

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 5 2015 3:37 PM

This new edition of the Greek New Testament does not have the text critical apparatus like the 4th edition.  Am I missing something?

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 3:44 PM

According to the link - https://www.logos.com/product/25684/the-greek-new-testament-5th-edition it says:

"This resource only contains the UBS5 Greek text. It does not contain the UBS5 textual apparatus."

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 3:54 PM

I see that now from your link, but I don't see how I could have missed it when I bought it.  Frankly, I can't believe all the hype they gave for this book and to not include the apparatus, to me, makes upgradinig a real waste.  Thanks for your help.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 4:53 PM

Larry Craig:
makes upgradinig a real waste.

Call Customer Support. There is a 30 day full-refund satisfaction guarantee. I'm sure even beyond that time they will try to make you a happy customer.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 6:09 PM

thanks, Mark.  I am sure I have had that longer than that.  Never used it.  Maybe I thought I was.  I sent an email to customer service, sales, and suggest.  We'll see what happens.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 7:05 PM

Larry Craig:
 I sent an email to customer service, sales, and suggest.  We'll see what happens.

Good. If an email doesn't get you anywhere, give them a call. Let us know how it works out.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 7:11 PM

BTW: You probably know the only new version with an apparatus if the NA28. If you really want the apparatus Faithlife might let you 'swap' your UBS5 for it, giving you credit for what you spent. It will cost more (maybe $40) but you will have what you want.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 5:09 PM

they're going to try to get me the apparatus

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 7:25 AM

How's that even possible? The apparatus is omitted from the DBG-licensed version.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 9:21 AM

For a diagram on NA28 vs UBS5:

http://www.academic-bible.com/en/home/scholarly-editions/greek-new-testament/comparison-na28-ubs5/ 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 1:50 PM

thank you.  I like the text of the UBS 5, but I want my apparatus.  Logos said they would see if they can get me one.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 12:02 AM

Any updates?

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 1:02 AM

nothing yet

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 1:52 AM

Please post an update if there's any resolution. I'm interested in this as well.

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 5:39 AM

at his point I am not optimistic about a good resolution.  I will post something if I hear anything.

Posts 42
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 10:24 PM

It is really quite frustrating trying to use the NA28 apparatus. I should have asked to switch the UBS5 for the UBS 4 w Apparatus, when I first got Logos earlier this year. Bummer. 

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 1:27 AM

what's wrong with it

Posts 1731
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 1:47 AM

Just wonder, how does CNTTS fit to this context?

It seems to be complete and detailed but quite complex to use (could benefit of some improvements in Logos)

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 1049
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 10:13 AM

Veli Voipio:

Just wonder, how does CNTTS fit to this context?

It seems to be complete and detailed but quite complex to use (could benefit of some improvements in Logos)

I was thinking along the same lines. With CNTTS, I don't have as much need of individual apparatuses of GNT editions. CNTTS, coupled with a bit of textual critical skill can go a long way.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS